Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional Licence

Options
  • 20-06-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I just received notification today by post that I will be taking my driving test next Tuesday. I applied to do the test if any cancellations were made through my job, hence the short notice.

However, on checking my provisional licence, it is in fact out of date by two weeks. I knew it was going out of date but it completely slipped my mind recently and now I'm stuck.

They don't accept receipts to do the driving test, only a current valid licence, so I need one by next Tuesday (3 working days excluding the weekend).

As you are all aware, passing up an oppurtunity to do the driving test is the absolute last option, as god knows how long I will have to wait to do it again.

If I go out to my local motor tax office first thing in the morning with all the documents, photos, fee etc. will I be able to wait for it to be made or does it have to be sent out by post?

Any other suggestions?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're really nice, they might do it there and then (unlikely though). Otherwise, you will have it by post the following day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rpg

dudara wrote:
    If you're really nice, they might do it there and then (unlikely though). Otherwise, you will have it by post the following day or so.

Ok, thanks for the info. I will try be as nice as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

They are supposed to send it by post for security reasons but, according to many posters on boards.ie, some offices will process it that day.

Make sure you have loads of identity, bills etc. to avoid any cock-ups.

They are supposed to send it by post for security reasons but, according to many posters on boards.ie, some offices will process it that day.

Make sure you have loads of identity, bills etc. to avoid any cock-ups.

Good to hear, I hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

I have gathered a few bills and my passport so should be ok on the identity front. Will let you know tomorrow how I get on.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Bring the letter from Ballina advising you of your test date. You will then have no problem.

Luck in the test.

• Advertisement

J_R wrote:
    Hi,

Bring the letter from Ballina advising you of your test date. You will then have no problem.

Luck in the test.

Good news. The test date letter was in fact the only piece of information he required. He looked for no proof of identity; the only other items he required was my expired licence, photos, form and fee.

He said he would have it made up for me today and I could pick it up in the morning with the receipt he provided me with. I'm glad it's now sorted.

Now for the hard part... the test! Thanks for the luck, I'll need it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

rpg wrote:
    He said he would have it made up for me today and I could pick it up in the morning with the receipt he provided me with. I'm glad it's now sorted
    Nice one :). Good luck in the test.

Advertisement