Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nghtforce Price Comparison

Options
  • 20-06-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

I finally found myself in the great position to be able to buy a decent scope. a nightforce 8x32x56 NXS so i rang around for prices. big shock these are the results so far athlone €1790 Tullamore €2300 galway €1630. Whats going on? why is there such a difference? or is just good old Rip of republic
    but im not sure where i'm gonna buy:D :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

I paid €550 for a Remington 870 express. Can be bought in the States for less than €200. When I was shopping around for it I was quoted prices of €650, €700 and even an impressive "around €800" from a guy in Clare. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's just rip-off Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Range work i take it had a look at the S&B police marksman range some stunning scopes but only go up to 25x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Only reason Galway is cheaper is a lot from here started going to athlone. Tells it's own tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What about from Germany if you want to buy online or perhaps the USA if you can get it reasonable including duty and vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

CJhaughey wrote:
    What about from Germany if you want to buy online or perhaps the USA if you can get it reasonable including duty and vat?
    I checked the usual sites i buy from in germany they were comming in at around €1600 +ins and shipping, very close to the lower end of the irish price scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yup Brian in Galway does a very good price on them

I bought the 12-42x56 on tuesday and he had the best price around.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

snipercentral.com much cheapness for nightforce scopes, 5-22x56 mil dot for $1250 us dollar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

snipercentral.com much cheapness for nightforce scopes, 5-22x56 mil dot for $1250 us dollar
    Yeah i saw some great prices in the US even if i had to pay the 21% irish tax it was still gonna be cheaper but when i contacted them and it was either we dont ship internationaly to private or we cant sell a "tactical scope (mildot)" outside of US, homeland security says Blah Blah Blah. Did you guys not know al queada is under every bush outside of the US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

got all that no shipping crap when i called the states,so my brother who works there bought it and brought home,no duty as he's a US resident.
    if you go to buy a dell computer they ask you if you intend to use the computer or parts of it to make weapons of mass destruction!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Must be terrible to think everyone is out to get ya:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

heres my opinion - if you want a good scope with some comeback if thing go wrong buy one from the uk. im over here every week and enjoy the huge savings of buying all my gear over here. example i bout a the new bushnell rangefinder scope in ireland - the next week i sae the same one for 300 euro cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

dfaf wrote:
    Yeah i saw some great prices in the US even if i had to pay the 21% irish tax it was still gonna be cheaper but when i contacted them and it was either we dont ship internationaly to private or we cant sell a "tactical scope (mildot)" outside of US, homeland security says Blah Blah Blah. Did you guys not know al queada is under every bush outside of the US

Basically,they are fobbing you off with BS!!Others will sell no problem!Mostly they are not sure of the law,dont know whats what, cant get it because of the 1st pirority of the US armed forces on this stuff,or just are afraid they wont get paid!If they wont sell outside CONUS,how come you can buy them in Europe? If it is current military equipment,you wont get it.But if it is available over the counter,then anyone can purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

Advertisement