Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board bag?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

How much would you pay for a cheap board bag, something around the 7'9" direction? the soft rack is wrecking my head on a long drive and if i put the board into the car it's getting destroyed with wax :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

i picked up a board sock yesterday for 50 quid to keep the wax off the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Personally I hate socks and would stay away from them, i found that when putting it on my 7'10 I felt every inch of it! With the bag, which is, I'll admit more expensive to buy, it just slips right in! :-)

Not sure of actual prices, which was the question asked, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

aodhu wrote:
    Personally I hate socks and would stay away from them, i found that when putting it on my 7'10 I felt every inch of it! With the bag, which is, I'll admit more expensive to buy, it just slips right in! :-)

Not sure of actual prices, which was the question asked, sorry.

Excuse my ignorance, board/sock aren't the same thing? is it a kind of zip versus string at the end type effort?

Maybe i'll use my sleeping bag :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

Board bags are padded things, and usually consist of a sandwich construction - a layer of material, some foam - usually about 4, 5mm or 8 mm thick, and then more material on the inside to protect the foam.

Board socks are usually just single layer cloth sleeve for the board, and do not give anything like as much protection. A bit like the padding in a sheet versus a sleeping bag kind of thing. You can get various makes in both but board bags , not surprisingly, seem to be a lot more popular than board socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

tippbhoy wrote:
    How much would you pay for a cheap board bag, something around the 7'9" direction? the soft rack is wrecking my head on a long drive and if i put the board into the car it's getting destroyed with wax :(

i got one in surf dock for €60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

50 - 60 euro's seems very pricey.

I use to pay about 100 - 250 rand(9 - 24 euro) for Island Style Boardbags back in South Africa.

Yea okay, most things are pretty cheap back there but anyway...

- rather go with the sleeping bag idea, V cheap in Tesco!!! :)

Advertisement