Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oh lord wont you buy me a Mercedes-

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

- Fiat :D:D:D

Daimler Chrysler buys Fiat light truck engines instead of developing their own !

What is the world coming to ? :cool:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0706/S00329.htm

Weeell ....strictly speaking they're going to end up in Mitsubishi Canters for starters ...but hey ...who cares ...Fiat rulez :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Oh lord wont you buy me a Mercedes-

My friends all drive Alfa's, I must make amends.. doo dooo :D

Fiat do make a good diesel engine, so probably cheaper to buy from them... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes, Fiat make good diesels ...

But man ...it must be going quite heavily against the grain of those stodgy Swabian engineers in Stuttgart to openly admit to that by buying them in :D

I can see quite a few people quietly crying into their "Trollinger" tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Presumably its a cost thing. The Benz commercial diesels are all made for RWD vehicles so maybe trying to rengineer them for the FWD Mitsubishi's would be uneconomical !

Maybe I amd talking through my hoop ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Canters are RWD. They're big enough trucks like. Well, Dyna size.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

bit bigger than that ...up to 6 tons GVW, afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yahh..........Merc engines are too good for 'em !!

Advertisement