Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

applied maths trouble

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

so okay I have the exam on Friday evening and I have all day tomorrow and Friday morning to prepare myself.

I have been neglecting it though. I have Q1, Q3, Q4, Q8 and Q10 prepared. i've been trying to get my head around relative velocity for the exam but I just cant.

So which of the other four will be easy to learn in a short amount of time?

I'm actually looking for an A1 here. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

Have you covered Q5?

Its pretty much the same every year. Changes in KE, angle of deflection etc. Rarely any tricks in it.

I have covered the questions you have mentioned as well as hydro statics and Q5. Wouldn't say Hydrostatics is an easy one to get your head around by yourself in one and a half days though. But if you have covered it then maybe.

And when it comes to reletive velocity, half the people can do it and the other half can't. In my applied maths class theres around 8 of us and 5 are going for the A1 and of those 5 only 2 can get Rel velocity so don't let that get you down.

Going back to Hydrostatics, you may be in the same position I was in last year. We covered it in class but I found the beginning (Mixtures) to hard the way our teacher did it and so it turned me off it at that early stage. This year he had an easier way of doing it so I stuck around for the later stuff and found it straight forward so maybe what happened to me last year happened to you aswell. Last year he did the table method which I found abstract, but this year used a simple formula: Smixture=(S1V1+S2V2)/(V1 + V2). can be done for ROmixture aswell. Its a long shot but thought I would mention it anyway in case it helps you out and you decide to push on in it. =)

EDIT: Notes for both can be found on skoool.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Had the same trouble with relative velocity. Notes here turned everything around for me: Skool.ie: Relative Velocity

Question 6 is easy enough too. You just have to know the formulae and your grand.

Advertisement