Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Berries

• 20-06-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anybody tell me where I can buy frozen berries, tried Dunnes and Tescos to no avail.
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tesco have them (own brand as well as others), as do Superquinn. Smaller Tescos might not carry them however.

Birds eye also do boxes of frozen berries so they should be available in the bigger supermarkets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's plenty of fresh berries about at the moment, why bother with frozen? And if you really need them frozen for whatever reason, then just buy fresh ones and bung them in the freezer (assuming you have one, otherwise you wouldn't be wanting frozen berries). Either that, or I'm missing something somewhere ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Did you try asking the staff? I've generally always been able to pick them up even in very rural Tescos. Maybe there was just a rush on them that day, or they were waiting for a delivery. If you're in Dublin, I *think* Fallon & Byrne used to have organic frozen berries for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Aldi normally has some in. I assume Lidl will do as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

They're usually hidden away in supermarkets, but I can tell you for certain that Tesco Dundrum & Superquinn Ballinteer have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Superquinn do a 'euroshopper' box of berries. Almost sure Aldi/Lidl do bags of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 endaz

Thanks to all for your replies, I'll try the suggested supermarkets at the weekend. Thnaks again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Aldi in finglas and Tesco Clearwater

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ali CP

endaz wrote:
    Can anybody tell me where I can buy frozen berries, tried Dunnes and Tescos to no avail.
    Thanks so much
    Supervalue have lovely rasperries, strawberries and mixed pineapple/melon

Advertisement