Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music performing elective

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

i did higher level music and did the performing elective,but then did the whole 4 songs on an instrument and the technology bit where you prepare a piece on foobar or whatever.combined i had thought that it was worth 50% and then the two papers tomorrow make the remaining 50%.that is till some one today told me that it was actually 40% for the performing and technology and 60% for the papers tomorrow.i need some clarification quickly please.cos tbh i was falling back on getting near the whole 50% on the performing,etc and not doing too well tomorrow cos basically i havent studied anything.that 10% could mean the difference of a D or a C.anyway help needed please.:confused:

paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hey, I did the Performing Elective too and yeah it's definitely 50%.. It's worth 200 marks, Listening's 100, Composings another 100!

Best of luck ;)

(Oh and here's a link to the syllabus where I double checked it! http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/lc_music_edited_sy.pdf?language=EN)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

cheers:)

i'm gonna kill that guy who told me otherwise,really had my nerves going.so now i still have the chance to get a good 55-60%.
    thanks again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

damn u for gettin me all excited!! my practical went really badly im gonna have to ace tomorrows to even pass!! i was delighted at the thought of the practical only being 40%

Advertisement