Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

repeat repair question !

• 20-06-2007 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi all, i will cut a long story short, i sent a motorola L6 on the o2 network back to them while under warranty for what i think was a software problem, the phone would freeze when about 12 letters into a txt message, it was fixed and returned to me working properly, however now some months later the same problem has reared its head again, my question is am i entitled to a further free repair as its a repeat problem.
    many thanks, voyager ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You have a 1 year warranty. If the problem has happened again then pop into the store and they'll sort it out for you again (bring a reciept to speed things up).

They may even swap it out on the spot for a refurbished model!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

thanks for the reply ciaranfo, the phone was under warranty for the first repair, however this time its not where do i stand then ?

voyager

You have a 90 day "same fault" warranty from the date of the last repair. If it's not the same fault or if it's over 90 days then you'll have to pay for the repair.

Given the Motorola L6i is now 69 Euro there's no point paying for a repair if it's out of warranty - buy a new one and get 80 Euro credit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

do o2 not have a 'swap out' policy for the first year of a phone... only company to give you a brand new phone on the spot once you have the phone and receipt. if they don't have one in stock they courier it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They're not new, but refurbs. Still, it's a great service.

• Advertisement

They do davton - I just say they "might" swap it out because they're not gonna swap a phone out if it's got big dents on the side of it. If it all looks good though they will. Refurbs as chrislad says too.

Advertisement