Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Hated Forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

copacetic wrote:
    ah now in fairness if the mature and non-traditional students could keep the noise down it'd really clean up the frontpage. i blame the mnts!

Steady on. It's just that we're very dignified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mike65 wrote:
    Poker Asses Up or whatever.....

Mike.

Trying to needle DeV perhaps.. :D

Poker is one of my most visited forums, although I rarely post!

Paranormal is the biggest load of BS I've seen on the internet, let alone on boards. "I'm using positive mental awareness to help find madeleine"... stfu!:rolleyes:

Also, celebrity and showbiz... It's pretty much a gossip forum about 'celebs' and it's an insult that it falls under 'Arts':mad:
    ciano1 wrote:
    the David Hasselhoff forum ??

Don't invoke the fury of OLDYELLAR;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

why all the hate for the poker forum?

one of the highest content forums on boards.

compare it to the mustard forum or "legends of the boards"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I dont hate any forums. Different strokes for different folks. But the most pointless is the weather forum - bunch of people talkin bout the same crap we all talk about all the time in real life anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I don't hate any forums, but i find some of the sci-fi ones to be quiet trying at times, especially people who have a nigh on infinite capacity to bitch and moan about the slightest thing.

Biggest offenders being BSG and the Doctor who one (under 'Hosted').

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Poker for me too.

To talk so much about a bloody card game

I thought the texas hold'em bullsh1t poker fad of 2005-06 was well and truly dead, but there are obviously folk out there who still think it's "cool"

Zzzzzzzzzz............

Also any thread where "Pighead" has posted in the third person....reading that is the equivalent of putting a fork between your front teeth and wrenching them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its a toss-up between paranormal, celebs & showbiz, and big brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheFlaps

The poker forum for one. The fact that it has so many posts about pointless random hands. Why not just have a lotto forum and we could all discuss our numbers from the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

In no particular order;

Soaps
    Big brother
    Celebs
    Paranormal

Trying to think of the most outrageous and offensive insult to post in these places so that in the resulting stampede to report/ban me boards crashes.;)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

MikeHoncho wrote:
    I dont hate any forums. Different strokes for different folks. But the most pointless is the weather forum - bunch of people talkin bout the same crap we all talk about all the time in real life anyway.
    Have you ever seen how heated the discussion in there gets?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Aye, always some arguments brewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thunderdome

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

For me it has to be:

Big Brother
    Celebrity & Showbiz
    Soaps
    Fashion & Appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I wouldn't say hate but there are a few that are very sad and pathetic, Big Brother being the main one, followed by Soaps & the Celeb. Sad and pathetic because peoples lives must be so boring and mundane that they end up watching other peoples lives instead of doing something with their own.

Most disappointing has to be models, they really have to rename that forum and not be misleading people. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ruu wrote:
    Hate is such a smelly word. The list of inactive forums that were chucked used to be visible but not anymore. :(

Lies, look harder.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Wouldn't say I hate them but I think the following lower the tone of the site in general:

Soaps
    Big brother
    Celebrity & Showbiz (under Arts? wtf? - where's the Art in being famous?)
    Paranormal
    Legends of the Boards
    Mustard
    David Hasselhof
    Chuck Norris
    Teach na nGealt

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have never even heard of some of these forums that are being discussed. I have probably only ever been in about 30 of the forums that are on boards, and regularly visit maybe 6 or 7, and periodically visit another 10 maybe.

If I don't like or see a need for one I won't go there. Live and let live people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cuckoos Nest. Its the Neighbours or the Evan Dando of Boards. Used to be decent but has turned to shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

seamus wrote:
    Celebrities and Showbiz, without a doubt.

100% agreed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I don't hate any forums, but i find some of the sci-fi ones to be quiet trying at times, especially people who have a nigh on infinite capacity to bitch and moan about the slightest thing.

Biggest offenders being BSG and the Doctor who one (under 'Hosted').

Who are those people? Tell me so I can ban them. :)

I hate Commuting and Transport. It's full of keyboard warriors who are full of criticism of anyone who actually does things without every getting off their backsides themselves. Not to mention the trainspotters and those who want to build a tunnel to the moon as well as loonies who only pop up to support some political party or politician for a few weeks and them vanish.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ronoc wrote:
    Bald heads and bear guts.( or whatever its called)

They have acknowledged there evolutionary purpose is finished so pass their time growing their beer gut and posting about it.

I really can't think of anything more worthy of pity..

Ah here now, that's totally uncalled for and we demand a retraction or we'll be around to thump you. Well we'll at least give it some thought anyway while we're on the couch waiting for the wimmins to bring us more beer.

humbert wrote:
    BGRH, the thunderdome, and tCN are great for a bit of lurking.

Lurk no more humbert, join the Brotherhood, we're a friendly lot. Well unless you're skinny, have masses of hair or don't like beer, but they're all pretty valid reasons for not liking someone IMO.

zaph wrote:
    Well unless you're skinny, have masses of hair or don't like beer, but they're all pretty valid reasons for not liking someone IMO.

Indeed ! It has been proven by scienticians that beer makes other people more interesting ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Also any thread where "Pighead" has posted in the third person....reading that is the equivalent of putting a fork between your front teeth and wrenching them out.

Yep, Petey's jealous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Pighead wrote:
    Cuckoos Nest. Its the Neighbours or the Evan Dando of Boards. Used to be decent but has turned to shit.

That'll do, Pig. That'll do.

It's a long time since the glory days of tCN, or the 'dome for that matter.

Both are now almost equally pointless, the only saving grace of the 'dome being that we mods can shove errant threads (ergo posters) in there for the denizens to tear to shreds.

They do a damn good job too.

/salutes Degser and the crew.

We're not allowed move anything to tCN anymore though. AH mods are now issued with asbestos underwear to go with the coke n' hookers as a result of that policy falling flat.

"OMG I posteded a full stop!! Itz my fave alfanoomeric character-after Johnny Five!!!:""$£!!"

"AH threads are ruining the Nest."

Yeah. Right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Oh yeah, what's wrong with Poker?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I received a frosty reception when I posted there first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Yes, they can put up quite a cold front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Shabs!

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Paranormal oh noess CASPER attacked me....
    Poker
    All the reglious ones
    Big Brother seriously...why watch it?
    Pets and Animals scary people post there (im banned from there :) )

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

RuggieBear wrote:
    i don't hate any forums. If i don't like it i won't read it.

I just hate users.

Thats pretty much how I feel. Except hate isn't a strong enough word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

celebrity & showbiz
    Steve_o wrote:
    100% agreed!

It is the most pointless forum imo,

Same person start's a new thread every 5 mins about
    absolute ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

The Big Brother forum and mustard- wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

jester77 wrote:
    Most disappointing has to be models, they really have to rename that forum and not be misleading people. :(

QFT. I clicked on that expecting pictures of babes and was shocked to the core by what I found. Every so often I forget and click once more, only to be disappointed all over again. :mad: Crucify them!

Anyone know how to go about getting into that Slydice Specials forum instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Shabadu wrote:

bad bad bad.... :(

I'm not bothered by the mere presence of any forums here, if I don't want to look at it, I simply don't look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Shabadu wrote:
    Don't worry, it all blows over very quicky;)

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Don't worry, it all blows over very quicky;)

True but some of the posts can be quite Thunderous and they strike like lightening :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Live and let live I say.
    If you don't like a forum just don't go there, no point in hating it.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

the only saving grace of the 'dome being that we mods can shove errant threads (ergo posters) in there for the denizens to tear to shreds.

I dislike the dome in principle but admit to having a chuckle when a 'serious' thread (like sinn fein transport policy) is moved there and the unwitting posters receive both barrels for the first post of two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I merely thought about saying I hate the Chuck Norris forum when I got a roundhouse kick to the face that came out of nowhere! :eek:

So I'd just like to say that I do not hate the Chuck Norris forum and that Chuck Norris is indeed a lovely man!

/Phew, he's gone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

After Hours

I hate that forum:mad:

....oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I love all of the forums, but not equally. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

cant stand the poker forum....

i love the game... but reading some of the posts on there makes my eyes bleed...

all that... i was on PP on the DL with a QJ and villan raised BB on the QT and i was like WTF so i folded... was this the right move....

cant feckin stand it!

parkour annoys me too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I hate the poker forum (it's so bloody inclusive and repetitive - rate my hand thread no 52134)

I hate the Mobile Phone forum (every thread is either people bashing 3, bashing the iPhone or going on about the n95)

I hate the Christianity forum & atheists forums (just take it outside lads)

I hate all those forums that people mod but i can't get into :mad: Why not i ask?

I hate the soccer forum

I hate all those forums that are inactive, delete them already!

I hate the showbiz forum, who cares?

I hate Construction & Self Building & Architecture & Planning cos it's name is too long and messes up the main page

I hate all the TV show specific forums, cos I can't go in there because people see nothing wrong with watching tv shows from the US and then spoiling it for everybody else... Thread titles like: "When the main guy died (spoilers)" - oh ya, thats helpful you just ruined it you knob...

I probably hate a lot more, i'll get back to ya...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

dulpit wrote:
    I hate

I hate

I hate

I hate

I hate

I hate

I hate

I hate

I hate

I probably hate a lot more

Wow. That's a whole lot of hate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

SoundWave wrote:
    cant stand the poker forum....

i love the game... but reading some of the posts on there makes my eyes bleed...

all that... i was on PP on the DL with a QJ and villan raised BB on the QT and i was like WTF so i folded... was this the right move....

cant feckin understand it!

parkour annoys me too....

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

seamus wrote:
    Celebrities and Showbiz, without a doubt.

I second this !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ned78 wrote:
    Wow. That's a whole lot of hate!
    What can I say? I got a lot of hate...

• Advertisement
Advertisement