Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Recommendations

• 20-06-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

As i'm going to be buying my Xbox 360 tomorrow in Smyths with Forza 2 and Gears of War, i was wondering if there are any other games people would recommend.

I'd rather have word of mouth than read some reviews by people that do it for a living, always feel people tell the truth a lot more in word of mouth reviews. :P

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It might help if you tell us what sort of games you like ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I've always thought worms was a good multiplayer game - As in every now and then jump into it for a game with friends. Its downloadable.

Also - Ghost recon's a pretty good game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

one of the most playable games i have is sega soccer slam which is an original xbox game that i picked up for a tenner second hand in game a while back, id also say get rainbow six instead of gears of war, i got both when they came out and me we played through gears of war once and forgot about it while rainbow six had much playability and was more enjoyable imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

GRAW 2, Rainbow 6: Vegas & Splinter Cell : Double Agent are the best out there if you're into that kind of game.

Good multiplayer on the first two as well. Also, don't knock some of the Live Arcade Titles. Some brilliant blasts from the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

mcgovern wrote:
    It might help if you tell us what sort of games you like ;)

Well i like a bit of everything, i've a Wii atm and i've Mario Strikers, Zelda and the Wiiplay games, they're all enjoyable. I also play a lot of pc, such as Counterstrike and used to play WoW, so anything that you can recommend just say. :)

Ghost Recon i played on the PC and Rainbow Six games on the PC never really interested me, what's it like on the Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

if you liked WoW then try oblivion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

n1ck wrote:
    Ghost Recon i played on the PC and Rainbow Six games on the PC never really interested me, what's it like on the Xbox?

It's pretty much identical, I was just trying to narrow down your taste in games.

Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter 2 has a very Counterstrike-esque multiplayer mode if that's your bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Shadowrun is Counter-strike with magic and tech added in.
    Viva Pinata is great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jodolan

you can pick up classic games now aswell for 30 euro .

Ghost recon 1
    saints row
    dead rising

stuff like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

n1ck wrote:

I'd always been put off by my previous experiences with Rainbow Six games - too slow, too much needless detail, you can't just jump in and have a laugh.

But R6 Vegas is a complete blast - it uses the same game engine as Gears of War and it really is allot of fun.

If you're after a mad assed driving game, one that'll get other people involved (even non gamers), then get Burnout Revenge. You'll get it on the cheap now for 30/40 quid.

I also enjoyed Crackdown allot.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely gonna get Dead Rising, it looks like a great laugh.

I'll take a look at R6, i'm still hesitant cause of previous experiences of it on the PC.

Keep them coming though as i got my Xbox in Smyths yesterday with Forza 2 and Gears of War. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Dead Rising is quite boring once you get over the initial thrill of hitting a zombie with a frying pan.
    Get Fight Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

virtua tennis 3 is also fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Dead Rising is quite boring once you get over the initial thrill of hitting a zombie with a frying pan.
    Seconded. It's my least played game out of the 6 I've got so far...

Lost Planet is fantastic imo, but a lot of people seem to differ in opinion on that one. (I seem to be a huge fan of Capcom games that others think are only average...)
    Crackdown is brilliant. not so much a GTA clone, as a GTA beater. (San Andreas, anyway...)
    Viva Pinata is pretty damn good if you're after something different. I'd suggest that you have a look at a few reviews first and see if it sounds like something you would enjoy.

The one game that your 360 is worthless without;
    Castlevania: SotN
    Easily the best €10 that I've ever spent on gaming goodness:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Dead Rising is an annoyance because the good points are overwhelmed by the problematic ones. For every one minute discovering new weapons, there are ten spent running back to that damn safe haven. Grr....

Oblivion is the game I would reccomend to all purchasers, while Earth Defence Force 2017 has a big following (great fun in short bursts, and much better than Dead Rising anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Any of the Tom Clancy games by Ubisoft are well worth picking up and you'll likely pick a few up in the classic section or else cheap 2nd hand.

My brother was saying R6 was a class game alright when he came in, although just from reading reviews and he'll be buying DOA4 cause he loves those games so theres another i'll have to play.

I read a comment from someone saying that Fight Night wasn't as good as the old ones, anyone else got any opinion on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I might not be a bad idea to get the xbox, hook it up to xbox live and download any games you might be interested in buying. I've found that the one of the best ways to judge how you'd like the game.

If you have Forza and GoW you'll be busy with them for a while anyway, my own fovourite is still Rainbow 6: Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

have a look in game and hmv as there doing 2 games for €60 on a selection of games , picked up oblivion and splinter cell double agent .

they also had lego star wars 2 in the hmv two for €60 and that is a great game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

in my opinion rainbow 6 vegas is the best game for it, i am playing graw at the moment which is very good but it is very hard aswell, i se your a fan of this genre which i assure you there is no shortage on the 360, what other genre's take your fancy????

also the new command and conquer is out aswell and some say it is supposed to be very good.

• Advertisement

Clover wrote:
    have a look in game and hmv as there doing 2 games for €60 on a selection of games , picked up oblivion and splinter cell double agent .

they also had lego star wars 2 in the hmv two for €60 and that is a great game .

My brother got DOA4 and Splinter Cell Double Agent today, both really cool. I might borrow Lego Star Wars from my friend, so i'll have a look about that one.

Freeman: I don't really have a specific genre that i like, i've quite varying taste, anything that i think looks good i'll have a look at and if it seems any good i'll buy it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

also check out the 2 for 45 in GAME. It's pretty much the same selection as the 2 for 60 but you save 15 euro cos the games are 2nd hand.

Advertisement