Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new rig - i got bored.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

haha, jerk. Fine, I admit I was wrong.

Timans 1
    Me 0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

:D

That's the stuff. Maybe a Sig is in order? :p

Defo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Checked my order with Kompett, says "picking in process". Looks like i can't cancel the order.

This is normally where buyer's remorse sets in...

Just kidding, you will still have a pretty darn good rig.

• Advertisement

I'm happy with my mobo, ram and processor, I know the GC isn't fantastic, and I balls up the PSU, but they all work.

I think my mobo and processor is fantastic.

Its not fantastic, its very good. Unfortunately if you want fantastic these days you need to make the move to intel. I think the 6000+ was intended as more of an upgrade path for existing AM2 owners, rather than tempting new buyers (except for "fanboys" of course).

To quote on of my preferred sites:

As the last Socket-AM2 processor before AMD's new-architecture makes its debut, the Athlon 64 X2 6000+ doesn't set any land speed records, nor does it send off AMD's most successful architecture to date with any sort of a bang. AMD is still relying on its 90nm process for the top bin parts and thus there's no real power efficiency in the X2 6000+ to be impressed by. We still have to wait for Barcelona before we can get really excited about anything AMD is doing, but recent price cuts positioning Socket-AM2 as a more affordable platform have made this an easier pill to swallow.

It should handle Crysis, shouldn't it??

Maybe, but only using DirectX9...if you want the DX10 goodies you need windows Vista. I haven't seen the proposed sys req, but your GFX card is a bit low for most new games.

EDIT: Just a quick google, found this:

Minimum Crysis System Requirements
    CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
    RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 256k+
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Crysis System Requirements
    CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
    Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
    RAM: 1.5Gb
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

Its from last year, so the spec may have changed.

Well, i guess i should be okay. Thats game looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

Neuro, of course you can cancel the komplett order, just call them up and tell them so. Once you haven't accepted the delivery from the courrier you can cancel it. If worst comes to worst, just refuse the delivery and tell them to return it to sender.

On the spec of the PC, definitely order a conroe setup from hardwareversand.de, way better bang for your buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Toolbag wrote:
    Neuro, of course you can cancel the komplett order, just call them up and tell them so. Once you haven't accepted the delivery from the courrier you can cancel it. If worst comes to worst, just refuse the delivery and tell them to return it to sender.

On the spec of the PC, definitely order a conroe setup from hardwareversand.de, way better bang for your buck.

yea deffo cancel it is my opinion

and in fact you can return even after you've received it under the cooling off period regs - although shipment costs may be incurred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cummo13

hi has any one got a LG-GDR-8164B EXTERNAL for sale

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And why exactly did you necro a thread over two years old to say that? :confused:

If you have a genuine need to borrow an external DVD-ROM feel free to start an "SOS" thread :)

Otherwise off with ye before I arrange a siteban. There's only a few reasons why you'd need that specific device over any old generic DVD-ROM, and all of them are instant-siteban-grade naughties :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement