Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paula flynn-lets dance

Options
  • 21-06-2007 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anywhere know where I can download this song or could anyone send it to me.cheers in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

not trying to start a debate or anything here but that cover is so fricking boring i nearly crash the car falling asleep every time it comes on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

She sounds like someone cute, who's been on drugs for 5 years, lost her voice, sleeps outside Easons, and has a nice little heroin addiction going on. However, there's a trend in Radio play bad cover versions of songs purely because they're different. That's the joys of Radio. I'm also currently cringing over these 'mashups' they play, and having to listen to Akon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

that song just annoys me now,its so overplayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The whole "adverts to playlist" thing we have going on in Irish TV/Radio pisses me the hell off in general, this song, the Regina Spektor one, that bloody repetitive guitar crap from the Discover Ireland ad...no end to the crap and no end to willingness of programme managers to give what amounts to free brand association by airing those tunes multiple times daily...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Wertz wrote:
    The whole "adverts to playlist" thing we have going on in Irish TV/Radio pisses me the hell off in general, this song, the Regina Spektor one, that bloody repetitive guitar crap from the Discover Ireland ad...no end to the crap and no end to willingness of programme managers to give what amounts to free brand association by airing those tunes multiple times daily...

What's wrong with playing a song that people like as a result of hearing it on an advert?

its actually amazing how poor the discover ireland "song" (dont know the artist) sounds in full, sounds decent enough in the ad but the radio version is very bland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Lads,

Take yer heads outta yer arses. Paula Flynn's take on 'Let's Dance' is a good tune, obviously because it's a Bowie classic, but she does it from an awesome, different perspective. Please broaden your minds a wee bit more & accept a brilliant song performed in an alternative matter.

Ye should be supporting Irish artists and their work, there's so much talent in this little island of ours, too good perhaps for the snobs here who have so far slandered the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Tanabe wrote:
    Lads,

Take yer heads outta yer arses. Paula Flynn's take on 'Let's Dance' is a good tune, obviously because it's a Bowie classic, but she does it from an awesome, different perspective. Please broaden your minds a wee bit more & accept a brilliant song performed in an alternative matter.

Ye should be supporting Irish artists and their work, there's so much talent in this little island of ours, too good perhaps for the snobs here who have so far slandered the like.

I think its a nice take on an old tune, but, I can see why some people don't like it. Mainly because it has been played so much on the radio, I don't generaly listen to the radio (just in the car on the way to the train and on the way back, thats all) and I've heard it more times than I can remember, it seems to be on anytime the radio is. It's great for Paula Flynn because it's exposure, but the fear for any of these acts is that some people expect exactly the same again from their album/next release, which limits them and can sometimes be negative to their continued success as the wrong people (for their sound) might be the only people reached with this exposure.

Also, I do support Irish acts, I go to gigs and have no problem buying an Irish musicians album if I like it, I won't if I do not like it.

i dont think that my head is im my arse the last time i checked either, but i never said the song was bad, i just found it awfully boring. if it was an american or english performer id think the very same thing, im all for supporting irish artists but i wouldnt buy or listen to someone solely for that reason!! come on be realistic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

Must say I quite like it but it has that horrible horrible horrid vile Ray D'Arcy factor written all over it. It's so his thing i can only imagine (I stopped listening a couple of months ago) that he's currently playing it to death between telling us about his baby getting sick (did the world really need a new Gerry Ryan????). It's his fault that we were subjected to all loving the Frames, Mundy and bad cover versions about 3 years ago. But anyway luckily i've left him behind and can enjoy this. What I like in my covers is when its done in a very different style that also works very well. I can't stand covers by numbers. For instance I've recently loved Mark Ronson's God Put A Smile On Your Face and Klaxons' Not Over Yet. Paula Flynn falls into this category too.

Advertisement