Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Connelly in Easons last night

Options
  • 21-06-2007 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Anyone at the talk/Q&A?

Very interesting bloke, comes across very well, must have spent ages signing books after, he seemed intent on having a conversation with every single person who'd turned up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

damn! i would have went to that, what easons was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

O'Connell Street, they said it was the first of the return of their author nights, he did about an hour of a talk and questions and answers. Then signed every single thing that was put infront of him.

Came across as a top notch character.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Did he say anything about doing more non-Bosch standalone novels like Void Moon and The Lincoln Lawyer or was he talking about the craft of writing?

Bit of everything, went on about the eventual end of the Bosch series. Bosch is 57, very very few people over the age of 60 doing what he does in LAPD. As good as said we can expect Bosch prequels set during the LA Riots in the 70s and in his time in the army.

A follow on to the Lincoln Lawyer on the way,
    also a tie in between Mickey Haller and Bosch where they discover they're half brothers

Virtually no chance of there being a Bosch movie from the way he went on. Books have been optioned but nobody has come close to connecting with the mental process the character goes through during the books.

Talked about his way of getting ideas, was quite honest that he robs stuff from everyday life. Lincoln Lawyer based on a guy he met at a baseball game who was a lawyer working from his car. Chasing The Dime was based on personal experience of inherting a missing woman's phone number and getting calls from people looking for (her including her mother).

Am sure there was more..will post it up as it comes to me

damienom wrote:
    A follow on to the Lincoln Lawyer on the way,
    also a tie in between Mickey Haller and Bosch where they discover they're half brothers.
    Spoiler tags are your friend :)
    Virtually no chance of there being a Bosch movie from the way he went on. Books have been optioned but nobody has come close to connecting with the mental process the character goes through during the books.

That's interesting, I've always wondered how a Bosch movie would work!

As for Bosch prequels, that might be very good. Lee Child has already written a book about the time his character (Jack Reacher) spent in the Military Police and I felt it was one of his best books os far. It was interesting to read about Reacher within the confines of the Army for a change rather than as a drifter.

It might be nice to read about a younger Harry Bosch to help determine how he became the person he is today.

• Advertisement

Spoiler inserted but apparently (and I didn't) you'd already know if you read a previous Bosch book. Certainly a number of people there knew that's where the angle was going!

Well I've read the books but plenty of people might not have :)
    Anyway, thanks for the info, sounds like it was a really good talk! I wonder do these guys get bored of giving the same talk over and over?

Advertisement