Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racer's Nightmare

Options
  • 21-06-2007 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭

It seems the state of California has taken a hard line in the war against boy racers, (or street racers as they're called stateside).

We'll never see it here though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Interesting that the weapon of choice for stateside skangers is a honda civic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Wossack

I thought it looked pretty well with the roof down

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Excellent! Perhaps some of our handbrake turning brigade should pay a little attention to this? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Vid won't play for me.

Can someone please describe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It's a Honda Civic being crushed by the authorities-in public-as commentated on by a Fox News reporter. The policy there is to impound and crush vehicles that are used for street racing, and this was the first against the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I wonder if they were allowed remove the sound system before it was crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Those wheels were definetly salvagable!! Why didnt they flatten the car to a wafer????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting that the weapon of choice for stateside skangers is a honda civic too.

Ricers as they are known.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

layke wrote:
    Vid won't play for me.

Can someone please describe it.

There's also an ad for an erectile dysfunction treatment before it. Could there be a link between an inability to get it up and ridiculously high-powered cars???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

bogmanfan wrote:
    There's also an ad for an erectile dysfunction treatment before it. Could there be a link between an inability to get it up and ridiculously high-powered cars???;)

Hmmm, I'm driving a Lexus LS400 (4.0 V8) and my tackle seems to be OK. Maybe I'm just lucky! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

There's also an ad for an erectile dysfunction treatment before it. Could there be a link between an inability to get it up and ridiculously high-powered cars???

I got an ad for microsoft before it, thats a whole bunch of pr**ks that don't work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Sweet, I'd be happy to see a system here where a drink driving conviction would lead to the confiscation of the car you were driving while under the influence. I wouldn't go as far as crushing the confiscated car, the Government would auction them off. Such a system would cut drink driving related deaths overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Civic for godness sake is that the best they can do.
    Cant see that working over here.
    ''Story Bud you take meeee CIVVVVVVVVVIC me daaa will buy me a new one within da hour roight ''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

DonJose wrote:
    Sweet, I'd be happy to see a system here where a drink driving conviction would lead to the confiscation of the car you were driving while under the influence. I wouldn't go as far as crushing the confiscated car, the Government would auction them off. Such a system would cut drink driving related deaths overnight.

This is common practise in New York - they take your car off you, fine you and you can possibly get some jail-time as well.

Advertisement