Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 USB Modem - Reboot

Options
  • 21-06-2007 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Got the 3 USB modem yesterday. Seems to have installed correctly, but getting 'Invalid Data Card' message. # customer service said to give it 24 hours, but have read many posts indicating this is not really relevant.

Have also read that re-booting the modem can help. Anybody able to shed any light as to how to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi,

I have one of the 3datamodems as well and I have had this problem a few times with different cards.

The way that I normally get rid of the issue is as follows.

1) Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and remove the 3datamodem software.
    2) Shut the PC down.
    3) Remove the 3datamodem from the USB port.
    4) Boot to Windows. When it is fully booted reconnect 3datamodem.
    5) Reinstall the software.

Works every time for me. And I've had to do it a few times.

regards,
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PunchI

Thanks J.

will give that a shot this evening when I get home. Hopefully I'll have some success with it. will let you know tomorrow.

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PunchI

Johnathananon, managed to get it working on an old XP desktop :) , but still no joy with Vista. Beginning to look like it's due to a lack of drivers for 64 bit version.

Anybody out there had any luck getting the USB modem to run on Vista Ultimate 64 bit?

Advertisement