Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York

• 21-06-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Going to New York next week with my better half.If she goes shopping and I don't, which is highly likely, is there any problem phoning each other? I have a Motorola L6 and she has a new Nokia. Can't remember the model.

Also is phoning home is the usual 353 code?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

If you both have triband phones then the phones wont cause any problems.
    You will have to use 00353/+353
    What network are you on? prepay/billpay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

probably work out a lot cheaper to buy 2 pre-pay sim cards when you get over there.. getting a massive roaming bill when you get home kinda puts a sting into the end of the holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Groucho10

We are bill pay on o2. Thanks lads for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Heres you call charges while in the US
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Services/Travelling+Abroad/Tariff+Information/United+States/

If you will be calling eachother mostly then your prob better with 2 us sims....
    but will work normally as long as your phones triband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

you should do what i did my my husband last year. we invested in a set of walkie talkies. best buy! used them when we went to new york to communicate. when i decided to go shopping for the afternoon and he wanted to do some sites the came in really useful. have since used them on most holidays we have been on! they do sell them over there are u will notice that everyone carries them! but beware, they are far more expensive in new york.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Groucho10

Good idea. Thanks for that.

Advertisement