Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish I had done....

Options
  • 21-06-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Is there any subject you regret not taking for the Leaving?

I have two... Business and Classical Studies... the former for its reliability and easiness, the latter cause it seems so interesting...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I dont have any regrets, i'm actually the opposite, i'm so glad i chose the subjects i did. I was going to take History but changed my mind to business which i loved, and is easy marks too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

wish i did business or biology instead of physics!!:(:(,,that test was the worst in my life!!lol,,well it was really bad!!,,,but sure its over now nd no point avin regrets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Wish i had done biology/economics instead of physics. Even though physics is interesting, its just so tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Not really, maybe a worthwhile subject instead of LCVP. Maybe history. On the other hand I mite be kissing my (probable) distinction in LCVP come august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

I would have done ag science from 5th year instead of taking it up this year. That subject must be a joke over 2-3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Accounting, 20% A's at higher says it all, and it would have been useful for my college course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Wish I'd done music full stop - I play piano and have done other theory exams, it would have been much easier than alot of subjects I did do.

Also anything over chemistry, it ended up being the one subject I couldn't manage at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

sickened i didnt do engineering instead of biology, im really good at working with me hands and i enjoyed metal work for the junior, but ah well what can ya do, i thought i needed a science subject for the course that i wanted to do but i dont so i can only blame meself i guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

Wish i did Geog .....that seemed pretty ok looking back. History ....man that was tough

Also , Art history instead of construction:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Wish I could have studied:

physics, chemistry, biology, latin, music and applied maths.

At least two of the above would have been nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Applied maths definitely.I'm happy with what I chose overall and got along grand in them all,however even though I do grand in accounting,studying it was a chore because I found it boring-applied maths would've been better for me instead of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

md99 wrote:
    Is there any subject you regret not taking for the Leaving?

I have two... Business and Classical Studies... the former for its reliability and easiness, the latter cause it seems so interesting...

They're the exact two I wish I'd done. I wanted to do Chemistry instead of Physics but in my school there are only certain combinations you can pick. Hated Physics with a passion, at least if I had got Chemistry and hated it I could have only blamed myself! I'm sooo glad I chose Music and Geography though. I loved them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'm glad I chose Music, History and Biology as my vocational subjects and have greatly developed my interest in them in the past 2 years. Naturally the leaving cert syllabus for history is a bit of a drudge but I still love the subject.

I'm not big on French though. If an extra language wasn't mandatory for university I might have done something else instead like Economics. Then again the French course is mercifully short so I didn't need to put a lot of effort in to do well.

So in short I wouldn't change a thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

I wish i did ag science instead of tech drawing, even though the drawing exam went really well, much better than expected:D
    It must be really easy if done over two years, ive seen some of the papers and could almost pass a HL paper on what i know from chem bio and geo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Wish I'd gotten to do Japanese but they introduced it the year I entered sixth year :( glad I did spanish music and art, not so much chem or applied maths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I'm pretty happy with my choice of subjects. Maybe slightly regret doing geography and not business. But I'm not too unhappy about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

kisaragi wrote:
    Wish I'd gotten to do Japanese

Same. What use is French?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

wish i did german but instead of french.. had to do it and its some gammy langauge like. wish i went to the bother of sorting out to do music outside school as well.... would clock up a lot more marks than what physics'll get me... wish i did anything other than that one actually.... :P although the class itself was good craic!.... classical studies and religion were ones that i suppose might've been interesting.... pah... i mean if i wanted to do 18 subjects for it i should've been allowed like! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

wish i did music instead of applied maths. I was going through my "i hate music" until the start of this year nd then i realised it would have been so much easier than applied maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Wish I could have done economics but it is not available at my school. I wish I could have done that in lieu of geography ut it wasn't possible so nothing I could have done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 electrode

Going back I would have swapped physics to do art...im looking set for a fail at physics now, would have loved art!?

But haha no regrets and its too late to change now!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I'd love to have NOT done English and Irish, though both of them, well Irish in particular was to do with the fact that I had a sh*t teacher, and the course. I used to be ar feabhas ar fad at Irish, nowadays I suck at it.
    what would I have done? Economics would have been one I'd love to have done instead of Business, I found Business boring, so I wouldnt be too keen on that one either, and there was too much English in it, if it were all like the Short Q's in Business I would have liked it as lot more. I always found History and Geography(well Geography and the History of this Country's formation in particular since Daniel O'Conell's time) interesting, but the same old proiblem, I think in History 40% is for English in that exam, and its another English type exam with all the essay writing, and I think Geography is pretty much the same.
    I'd love to have done Chemistry, but I hope there is proper Maths in it, and its not mickey mouse stuff like Physics was. Physics contains a huge amount of Maths yet we did very little, and there was very little Maths on the paper too.

finally, I'd love to have done another foreign Language, probably Spanish or French, but I'm glad I stuck with German, it rules as a language to learn, it is by far and away the English like of any European language. I find language learning very hard, but I think its an absolute necessity these days with all the possibilities of going abroad etc that one should be somewhat competant in a European language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

wish i did music. i do it outside school , clarinet to grade 5 and theory to grade 4, which would have ben useful.

I didn't do it to broaden my horizons, and chem.physics/tech d / chem / app maths will be more useful for me in the long run

Actually i dont regret not doing music!!! i might as well have not posted at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i wish i had of taken physics and history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Should have done music, possibly instead of history(although I found much of history very interesting). I've done grade 8 in recorder and grade 5 in guitar, so the practical would have been píss and I reckon I could have handled the theory pretty well. I'm not so keen on the listening and analysis side of the course though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Should have done something other than History:(
    What a stinker of a subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Art or geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Might have swopped Biology for Economics, but in the end, Biology actually became interesting. All of my options had gigantic workloads, but it worked out alright..

I hate Maths, but that can't be dropped, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Wish i had of done geog instead of physics!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement