Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghosting help

• 21-06-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey, were doing alot of ghosting atm and we only have one network card that will work with our boot disks. So its taking alot of time..

We have a bunch of d-link gigaexpress network cards (dge-528t) that we would like to use for ghosting.

Does anyone know how we can make it work with those cards?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Have you tried Acronis instead of Ghost? It might be a little more forgiving of your hardware and I'd recommend it over Ghost anyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

What's your current setup? How are you 'ghosting' at the moment? What Operating Systems are running on the computers you are trying to back up? Are you looking for a free solution or willing to pay?

Acronis is good, better than Norton Ghost IMO. However, there are some free linux-based alternatives which are just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭r0nn13

I have been using this N/W boot disk for for the last few years. Never found a PC it can't detect the N/W card on yet:-

http://www.netbootdisk.com/index.htm

Your mileage may vary of course...

Let me know if you need help configuring the disk with Ghost...

I prefer Acronis, but every company i have worked for uses ghost...

Advertisement