Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Grant ????

Options
  • 21-06-2007 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

If i go to a private college can i still get a college grant ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I doubt it... but I've no idea! lol www.quailifax.ie has some stuff on grants i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=667 post ur problem and info etc there, i was helped alot and id say you will be too...

Nope - situation at the moment (which doesn't look like it's changing) is that you would be paying fees in a private college but could not obtain a grant since you're paying fees. However, there are several scholarships available in the various colleges (if my memory serves) so it might be worthwhile contacting the relevant colleges to ask about them.

From citizensinformation.ie, the following courses are exempted...
    * Courses provided in a college that are offered in private commercial third-level colleges in the state and that are validated by that college
    * Courses in colleges akin to private commercial colleges in Ireland.

Advertisement