Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of Griffith college Dublin and the LLB law course ???

• 21-06-2007 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi ,

I was just speculating about the Griffith college LLB law course , I was thinking of doing it but I a little scared about a few things . None of my friends are going to Griffith college so did you find it hard to make friends , some of my friends who went to UCD said that no one wants to know you or even talk to you . Is this the equivalent in Griffith College Dublin . And what are the tutors like in LLB course . What do you consider of the college it ok or ran down etc . who much work do you have to study a night ???. How problematical is the course ???. Do you think its hard or easy to learn ??? .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

It is law for people who are too stupid to get into UCD Orts.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jackelle

orts [sic] - is a degree, llb is a masters in law.

to op - if you already have a masters, i'd recommend going straight to the fe1s, if you're prepared to put in the hard work, there's no read need to go for an llb imo

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

MM, less of that. Next time, it's a VERY long ban from this forum for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Griffith's is a primary degree.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

jackelle wrote:
    orts [sic] - is a degree, llb is a masters in law.

llb is a batchelor degree (which is often taught at postgrad level such as in dit). the undergrad in law from Trinity is an llb.

llm is a masters degree in law.

As for the OP, afaik, you can't get free fees for griffith so if you're just leaving school it might be cheaper to go to NUI/Trinity. People will like you or they won't, it doesn't matter where you went to college (or at least the people who won't be friends with you because of where you went to college aren't worth knowing). as for jobs, generally a university degree (i.e. NUI/Trinity/DCU) is worth a lot more than another qualification/degree from a college.

how much work to you have to do per night? are you a nerd? if so then lots of study. are you extremely lazy and lastminute? if so then none whatsoever. I'm sure you'll find a happy medium for yourself.

as for the course, the amazing thing is that the same law applies in griffith as it does in any other college, so by and large you're not going to be studying scandanavian law or anything like that. however, you should check the prospectus - generally UCD/Trinity have a broader choice of legal subjects e.g. banking law, human rights intellectual property, etc.

i understand that most of, or at least a lot of, the tutors are practising barristers and solicitors rather than pure academics. this is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you talk to but I say it is a good thing.

general advice - if you're young it doesn't really matter, do what sounds like more fun and you can always get more serious in your mid twenties. if you're going for the fe1s follow jackelles advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement