Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 customers can't call me!

• 21-06-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi Switched from Vodafone to Meteor last weekend to avail of free calls and texts to my girlfriend.

This process was never going be mess free, I know.

But I am very dissapointed indeeed. It seems o2 customers can't call or text me. Something to do with a "link" apparently.

Meteor are blaming it on O2 and "don't know" when it will be fixed!!

Has anyone experienced the same situation? How quickly was it rectified?

Thanks,
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Ed* wrote:
    Hi Switched from Vodafone to Meteor last weekend to avail of free calls and texts to my girlfriend.

This process was never going be mess free, I know.

But I am very dissapointed indeeed. It seems o2 customers can't call or text me. Something to do with a "link" apparently.

Meteor are blaming it on O2 and "don't know" when it will be fixed!!

Has anyone experienced the same situation? How quickly was it rectified?

Thanks,
    Ed
    This is a common error when porting. Its especially common when 02 are involved.

What needs to happen is that the 02 SRS needs to be updated. This will direct your 02 calls to the Meteor network. As long as you have contacted Meteor Customer Care they will have escalated the issue with CCTech and it should only take about 48 hours to resolve from this point depending on how busy they are of course.

Might take a bit longer considering its the weekend though. CCTech will actually reassign the issue to IT Operations and none of the IT departments work over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

he ported from Vodafone though :-).

Also, what prefix is your number. There is an outstanding issue in O2 though with regards to ported numbers, whereby ones which are ported via a certain process dont get reflected in the database automaically etc etc etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

JNive wrote:

Also, what prefix is your number. There is an outstanding issue in O2 though with regards to ported numbers, whereby ones which are ported via a certain process dont get reflected in the database automaically etc etc etc etc etc.
    Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

elaborate ? not really. Just saying there was an issue surrounding numbers ported via shops not getting reflected on the network, not sure if that has been resolved already or not but there was an issue however it was fairly isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

JNive wrote:

Yes but the problem is with 02 because they're calls are still being routed to the Vodafone network as opposed to the Meteor network. It means that when the port went through it went through correctly with Meteor, Vodafone and 3 as they're calls are being routed to his new network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement