Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good reading material on marketing methods?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm setting up a website soon. I'm looking for a good resource of marketing methods for giving a new website a good chance of developing into a success. It's kinda web 2.0 platform, to narrow it down a bit.

I'm not really concerned with the technical stuff (metatags etc), more so the ideas and avenues one can efficiently utilise in order to get wider coverage - how to use myspace/facebook/blogs to their full potential etc.

Any book titles/blogs/website references would be most welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Post links to your site on 'Green' sites to help increase your rating on google. To see what sites are 'green' you can check them on the McAfee site. There are books dedicated to this subject and I reccommend reading one if you want a successful site.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

That doesn't exactly answer the question, does it seachmall? I too would be interested in links to marketing sites as I am developing for the company I work for a type of community portal for a specific industry. I appreciate there are books and no doubt they cost quite a bit but I find myself with books that they rarely answer all the questions you have no matter how in depth they are. That's the beauty of the web, you can always find what you look for. It just takes so long to find it. Does anyone know of any good marketing strategy webpages?

-RD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Rules-Marketing-PR-Podcasting/dp/0470113456/ref=sr_1_1/026-4387271-0363601?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184086303&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Any of the Guerilla marketing titles ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭shane_mcc

if you've got four hours and big bandwidth

then check out

a century of the self

its a documentary on the rise of the consumer,
    the marketing and pr that moulded the minds of consumers.
    very interesting

Advertisement