Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell Pentium D vs Pentium Viiv

• 21-06-2007 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I do some video editing using the Pinnacle Studio 9 software. I was using a Pentium 4 with 1.5 Gigs of RAM and, while the software could be slow in larger projects, it performed very well.

However, my PC was hit by lightning and I had to purchase a new Dell Optiplex with a pentium D 3.0 Ghz dual processor, with 2 Gigs of RAM. Peculiar thing is that, while it renders and burns the DVD in about a third of the time of the old machine, the actual editing is not much faster - maybe even a bit slower.

My friend runs the same software on a Pentium Viiv Dell machine, and it is faster. Anyone got any suggestions. Would more RAM help?

Thanks in advance.

Freddie.

Advertisement