Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failure Quota

Options
  • 21-06-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,
    new poster but am loving the info you all provide,

Friend of mine and I had an argument about this the other night and I am hoping somebody can confirm/deny her claims!:mad:

Friend claimed that testers have a quota of fails they must have and if you check back the figures for fails each year for each test centre they are always roughly the same, she cliams that her boyfriend failed the test on the last turn (left hand turn) into the test centre.

she says this shows the tester just wanted to fail him / needed to fail him and so his clean slate of faults was wipped at the last opportunity.

I cant believe how this could possibly be true as i argued that people would appeal such a situation which would highlight any such corrupt behaviour.:confused:

Any comments or similar stories that can help us clarify this situation would be great. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Deelirious wrote:
    she says this shows the tester just wanted to fail him / needed to fail him and so his clean slate of faults was wipped at the last opportunity.

This gets asked over and over again. At the end of the day unless you know a tester you're never going to find out the answer.

Personally I don't believe there is a quota, i think its an excuse for people who just plain failed.

In the situation above - you only fail on 1 fault if its a grade 1 fault. So either he did something really stupid at the last hurdle or he had already done a few stupid things and got quite a few grade 2 faults. Either way you can't fail unless you do something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

One word Dee - Balderdash, nonsense, piffle, and tripe of the highest degree..

ok, slightly more than one word, but you get the idea. The urban myth of 'failure quotas' has been doing the rounds since Moses was on his Triumph.
    People will always use this when they feel hard done by in a driving test, but i have yet to see concrete proof of such a system.

And welcome to boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

my dad's a tester and it's a load of bollocks.
    i asked him about it ages ago and he said he'd gladly pass everyone, if only they were actually fit for the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Deelirious

doonothing wrote:
    my dad's a tester and it's a load of bollocks.
    i asked him about it ages ago and he said he'd gladly pass everyone, if only they were actually fit for the roads.

Hope i get a tester like this!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Deelirious

Thanks for all the help so far!!!

Was hoping this is the answer id get....not only to prove her wrong :p .....but also to settle my fears of the driving test!
    People will always use this when they feel hard done by in a driving test
    Personally I don't believe there is a quota, i think its an excuse for people who just plain failed.

have never actually been in the car with her boyfriend but i think your're probably right seeing as it isnt the first time he's failed it.
    And welcome to boards
    thanks again for the friendly welcome!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement