Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Towbar S40 - V40

Options
  • 21-06-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All

Quick Question.

Would a towbar designed for a 98 Volvo V40 be suitable for a 99 S40 ? Obviously they are very similar cars but would the V40 being an estate mean it takes a completely different length/shape towbar ?

Own a 99 S40 and can get said towbar from a V40 for quite cheap.

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I'd imagine that they are the same for either car, since after all as you said a V40 is just an S40 Estate, so I'd say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say no. The length of the overhang on both cars will be different. Even a 99 S40 and a 00 S40 may have different fitment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I'd say its very likely they are interchangable.
    Do a search on ebay for an s40 towbar, and all the business listings that come up are mention s40/v40 for the same item, so it looks like they are interchangable.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Towbar for S40 and V40 are definitely the same. Believe it or not, this towbar will also fit the Mitsubishi Carisma.

Advertisement