Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help!!

Options
  • 21-06-2007 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi ya all please if youse can help me or give me some feed back as to what is happening to me or what youse think will be the outcome of all of this?

ok, so I have a boyfriend for the last 3 half years, I love hime to bits and he loves me too, the problem is every few months now for the past 2 years i have been going through these phases where I think I am a lesbian. I am at the moment going through one of my phases only I think this time the phase is longer than normal.. Im so confused about my sexuality at the moment, I actually dont know whats happening to me. I have told my boyfriend how I am feeling ( confused) and he said he will stand by me the whole way watever i decide. The only problem is, I dont know im all confused and thinking about this topic for the last 3 weeks and still no further on. Im 23 years and is it normall for me to be thinking like this, or could dere be more to this "confused" phase.

Please help as I dont know what to do, or how I can decide what sexuality I am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Try to be honest with yourself -- when you think about it calmly and with your most open mind, you'll probably find that you know the answer already.

Sexuality is rarely as simple as black and white. It's possible that you could be attracted to females and still remain attracted to and in love with your boyfriend (i.e. Bisexual).

If you weren't in a relationship I'd recommend getting out there and experimenting (safely) if that's what you feel you need to do. As you are in a relationship I'd suggest you need to reevaluate whether or not it's the right thing for you and move on from there.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I'd go with everything Goodshape said.

Its cool how understanding your bf is - you should see that as an opportunity to be less stressed about the consequences of how you feel - and try concentrating on the actual feelings

One thing though - often the "fantasy" of being with another girl would be very far removed for the reality,

Maybe if this is wrecking your head you need to find some space to explore the issues, explore physically or other wise. That would I think involve a break from being in a relationship, or a re-evaluation of it .

And you don't really have to decide on your sexuality, its not some box you have to tick.

Again though despite what others might say there can be a real conflict between you emotional connection with the bf and a sexual attraction that is not fulfilled (in a straight rship)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I wrote this thread for people feeling like you Crazy2000.

Advertisement