Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstall probem - Can't get past Main Menu

• 21-06-2007 4:21pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I decided to give Oblivion another bash, I rushed thru it first time around and would like to get back into it and see what else there is to offer in it.

Now it ran pretty well on my ageing system:
    Dell 4550 2.66 P4, 1Gig RAM and a 128MB XFX 6600gt.
    It wasn't always the smoothest or the prettiest but it ran well enough to be playable without any hitches.

Since uninstalling months ago I fried my 6600gt rather stupidly and replaced it with a 256MB 7600gt.

So I've reinstalled it and now if I try to load a save game or start a new game it just hangs and I have to ALT Tab out and kill the process to recover.

So I've deleted the Oblivion folder from My Documents and reinstalled.
    I've updated my drivers (tho haven't tried using older drivers yet)
    I've patched the game up to v1.2
    I've even tried using a NoDVD .exe to eliminate and copy protection issues.

I've scoured google for a solution and I've found a few threads where people had a similar problem but there weren't any solutions forthcoming.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JunkieW

When you say you deleted the folder, did you actually uninstall the game?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hi, I got it fixed in the end. The nero video codec was conflicting with the game so the game wouldn't load.

BTW I did uninstall it first.

Advertisement