Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music aftermath

Options
  • 21-06-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Was ok I think...

A good few nasties thrown in though..

Hopefully got A2 or B1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

And there was me just about to set up a thread of my own...
    Overall, not a bad paper. Compositions were fine.
    I wasn't surprised to see Bach as the 25 mark question, it seems to be a favourite in the Department. Plenty of choice in the Irish essays as well, I chose the harping tradition question which I'd learned off perfectly.
    I found the Unseen question a bit tricky, the fact that time was up the moment the tape ended didn't help either.
    I'm also aiming for the A2 and judging by today I'm in with a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Couldn't have hoped for a nicer paper really, except for maybe the Bach question. Tchaikers, Barry and Bo-rap were grand I thought and trad was ok. Had the ceilí band prepared pretty well. A bit of elton too was great.

No minor melody or harmony either. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

was ok , was hoping 4 the b1/b2 and think i got it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

It was okay, except Q6 on Composing...WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE MINOR? :( Really dunno if I got it right or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

OOO thank God i did q 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

yes listening was very good,especially kind for people like meself who hadn't studied much:rolleyes:

overall the composition was pretty good except with all the 3/4 ,6/8 and the upbeat on Q1.no minor for melody so i suppose they had to compensate.i'd say with the practical i'll get my B1.
    finished for good now.man it feels so good:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Oooo all my listening to Bach came up handy.

I never did Gerald Barry - so just guessed the answers.
    However Answer to Q in the gerald barry:

What comes next in this section? I said - A lot more headwrecking stuff which requires an extra strong dosage of panadol to listen to.

Q5 - alright, but my head was wrecked from thinking so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

was tough i thought!!!!, anyone posting some quick answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

madgal wrote:
    Answer to Q in the gerald barry:

What comes next in this section? I said - A lot more headwrecking stuff which requires an extra strong dosage of panadol to listen to.
    Omg teh funnay ¬_¬

I'm glad I was wrong and Queen wasn't the main question. Bach, bass, lovely. Composition paper was as good as can be expected. High marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Harmony question was mean with it's tied 3rd and 4th notes I thought... listening paper was great though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

kisaragi wrote:
    Harmony question was mean with it's tied 3rd and 4th notes I thought...
    Yeah how did y'all manage with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Marshy wrote:
    Yeah how did y'all manage with that?

Was tricky, ehh cant remember, was in the zone at the time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

it worries me that you all seem so happy with it! i found the listening paper really gammy! like just not fun at all! the written was grand but like everyone in my school found the listening pretty difficult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

guess whose fav song has been "your song" by the legend that is elton john for years n years?????? i was so delighted when it came up..

got all excited when i read that there wud b another version of it played thinking it was gonna be the version from moulin rouge that i also love. was not impressed with that excuse for an orchestral piece. sounded like lift music to me, or hotel bathroom music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I suppose it was OK considering we hadn't even finished the set works or been told what to do for the last phrase of the composition. I was the only one in my centre. The other four were all together. I suppose it meant there was less to distract me!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

fionated7 wrote:
    guess whose fav song has been "your song" by the legend that is elton john for years n years?????? i was so delighted when it came up..

got all excited when i read that there wud b another version of it played thinking it was gonna be the version from moulin rouge that i also love. was not impressed with that excuse for an orchestral piece. sounded like lift music to me, or hotel bathroom music.

Same here! I love that song :p Would've been a lot easier to answer on if the second version was the moulin rouge one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stickytape

WTF? When i first read the paper i had disturbing memories of when i opened the irish paper and realised Oh crap- is this a joke cause it looks like last years paper. Like Bach AGAIN....thats 4 years out of 6. I know we have to study them all but as i did the subject as an extra u have to cut some things back.....and i defo didn;t think it would be on aga=in.

Also i know u follow the syllabus etc etc but like i think it is an insult to the other works to keep putting Bach on as the LQ- so should we have just studied bach and skimmed over Bo rap which has never come up as LQ although it is possible despite some people saying it isn;'y

And Romeo and Juliet- such a masterpiece but also requires a lot o time to study and yet ur rewarded with a max of 10 marks out of 400- thats a disgrace. Putting the same thing on again to trick people is mean....its an insult to the other great works on the course.......

Maybe the Music Deaprtment are a bunch of conserviative catholics and won't put Romeo and Juliet on as the LQ again and NEVER put Bo Rap on cause Tch and Freddie Mercury were both gay..........thats my friends theory on it.....i think she might be right :L:L:L Conspirasy theory

madgal wrote:
    Oooo all my listening to Bach came up handy.

I never did Gerald Barry - so just guessed the answers.
    However Answer to Q in the gerald barry:

fair play to u- u put down what everone else was thinking :):):) and if i was correcting 300 scripts u'd make me laugh and i'd give u full marks.........ur telling the truth, just in a roundabout way

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahdolly

How many marks can be lost for leavin out the up beat?? oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Why are you people still posting here? Music is finished (as is the leaving cert at large). There's not much point talking about it now. I demand you all leave this thread at once and get absolutely twisted! :D

Also I'm aware of the irony of me posting in this thread in order to turn people away, so don't bother pointing that out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

stickytape wrote:
    fair play to u- u put down what everone else was thinking :):):) and if i was correcting 300 scripts u'd make me laugh and i'd give u full marks.........ur telling the truth, just in a roundabout way

While I won't comment on the obvious lack of use of the subjunctive, I will, however, state that there is a marking scheme for a reason, and, heaven knows why, "Panadol" is not featured on it.

Well if they were crazy enough to put it on the course in the first place, god knows they probably don't need it. Panadol doesn'rt register much with them i say.

Aside from that your post makes little sense, the fact remains that she won't get any points for her wit.

Yeah thats kind of obvious..........i'm not stupid
    I was mearly imagining the humour of correcting it.....#
    jesus won't want u near my papers........

stickytape wrote:
    jesus won't want u near my papers........
    Why? Because I might actually correct them according to the appropriate marking scheme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

aard is an aarsehole

"the obvious lack of use of the subjunctive"

twwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwat

Glad to see you picked up on the more important point of my argument.

Advertisement