Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited broadband

Options
  • 21-06-2007 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi I will be moving to south Dublin in September and I am trying to collect information as much as possible.
    Can someone suggest me some ISP, that would provide me at least 3 Mb and with unlimited download?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TheOneToBe wrote:
    Hi I will be moving to south Dublin in September and I am trying to collect information as much as possible.
    Can someone suggest me some ISP, that would provide me at least 3 Mb and with unlimited download?

Smart for the unlimited part, though this will depend on your local exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheOneToBe

How much is it per month? Around 40 euros? And 5Mbs around 45?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

€39.99 incl line rental for 3Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

ooh i have digiweb speed wise is ok but quota limit 30 gb i really dont like that soon i'll be moving out of dublin and in new place smart is available:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

If you can't get Smart then UTV have an uncapped package. Also BT and Eircom don't enforce their caps in my own personal experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I'm coming to Bray and am looking for the same. With SMART do you have to pay Eircom line rental or only rental to SMART? Been living abroad for years so I'm clueless here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

thesteve wrote:
    I'm coming to Bray and am looking for the same. With SMART do you have to pay Eircom line rental or only rental to SMART? Been living abroad for years so I'm clueless here...

You pay the line rental to Smart who then pass it on to eircom.

Don't think Smart are in Bray yet

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Thanks for the info, damn it anyway although I've just read that they might be going bankrupt...

thesteve wrote:
    Thanks for the info, damn it anyway although I've just read that they might be going bankrupt...

That is old news. They have been taken over by Kingspan millionaire Brendan Murtagh and their broadband division is now very secure. He has bought out the other shareholders and is taking them off the stock market. I would gladly get their DSL if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's only secure if they make a profit. Eircom charges them too much and they charge the customer too little. Not the sort of "secure" I'd invest money in. Could be a part of reason they are leaving Stock Exchange.

watty wrote:
    It's only secure if they make a profit. Eircom charges them too much and they charge the customer too little. Not the sort of "secure" I'd invest money in. Could be a part of reason they are leaving Stock Exchange.

Just to clarify I wouldn't buy shares in them either but I think that Brendan Murtagh has the funds to keep them going for the foreseeable future. I would definitely avail of their broadband if it was available in my exchange.

Advertisement