Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i need static ip to forward ports for torrents

Options
  • 21-06-2007 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi can i forward ports with a dynamic ip or do i have to have a static ip before i can forward ports for torrent software azurez

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you are manually setting rules, your computer will need to have a static LAN IP address. If your computer is regularily used or is the only computer connected, it will likely keep the same address anyway.

You do not have to have a static IP assaigned to you from your ISP.

Azureus is able to configure the forwarding rules itself via UPnP if your router supports it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If yopur router does not support UPnP then take a look at http://portforward.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Understand that there is a difference between your ISP IP on Internet side of Router which can be dynamic or static, doesn't matter, and the IP on LAN side of your PC & Router, which for portforwarding can be Static or Dynamic, but is better as Static, especially if lesst than 10 PCs and more than 1

Advertisement