Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with cookies

• 21-06-2007 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Having a problem on a forum. I'm not to good with computers.

Anyway i sign in - everything goes ok until i try clicking on another page and it asks me to sign in again. up comes this message

Problem with cookies
    Your login attempt to *******.com has failed because we are unable to properly set the needed cookie in your browser. The cookie was set, but the value of it was not upated properly.

Please check your browser and firewall settings to resolve this problem.

You cannot login to *******.com (or any other site on the internet for that matter) without cookies.

Any ideas. everything is alrite on boards, its just this website

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Dec McC wrote:
    Having a problem on a forum. I'm not to good with computers.

Anyway i sign in - everything goes ok until i try clicking on another page and it asks me to sign in again. up comes this message

Problem with cookies
    Your login attempt to *******.com has failed because we are unable to properly set the needed cookie in your browser. The cookie was set, but the value of it was not upated properly.

Please check your browser and firewall settings to resolve this problem.

You cannot login to *******.com (or any other site on the internet for that matter) without cookies.

Any ideas. everything is alrite on boards, its just this website

It could be a website issue. Lets say it's not for now.

Are you running any firewall / anti-virus software? If so, what are you using?

First thing I would do would be to delete all temp internet files and reset your browser defaults. What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer then download Mozilla Firefox and see if the cookies on that site work with it. If you're having the same issue with another browser chances are it's something to do with your firewall, or even your DSL router could be blocking it. If it's fine with Firefox then just make sure you allow cookies with Internet Explorer. Tools->Internet Options->Security->Internet->custom level-> and make sure all cookies are allowed, maybe even lower the setting to low or medium low and try it then. If it works you know it's just a security setting in IE, set it back to medium and have a look at your current cookie settings. If you're using McAfee Security Suite then add the site as a trusted host with the Privacy Service part of the suite and it will allow cookies from that site.

It really does depend on your setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

I've got spybot, AVG, Avast and Zonealarm.

I deleted all temp internet files and reset my browser defaults. still not working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

scojones wrote:
    What browser are you using? If you're using Internet Explorer then download Mozilla Firefox and see if the cookies on that site work with it. If you're having the same issue with another browser chances are it's something to do with your firewall, or even your DSL router could be blocking it. If it's fine with Firefox then just make sure you allow cookies with Internet Explorer. Tools->Internet Options->Security->Internet->custom level-> and make sure all cookies are allowed, maybe even lower the setting to low or medium low and try it then. If it works you know it's just a security setting in IE, set it back to medium and have a look at your current cookie settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

I've got spybot, AVG, Avast and Zonealarm.
    Off topic for a second. If that is AVG anti-virus then your going to have computer problems running Avast also. You need to get rid of one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

haven't had any problems so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Download firefox browser ,leave it at default security settings, it should load up that site properly.SET internet explorer to accept cookies in tools options ,security.SOME sites need pop up blocker switched off too,to use all the website,s features.

Advertisement