Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poolbeg is going but will the chimneys?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭

Today it was announced that Poolbeg power station is to close by 2009. They will probably redevelop the area as a residential apartment area but do you think they will knock the chimneys?
    I think it would be a shame and a great loss to knock these towers because they are sort of an icon for Dublin Bay and the strands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I love the chimneys...the really are a dublin landmark. actually bought the girlie a painting of the strand with'em in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Today it was announced that Poolbeg power station is too close by 2009. They will probably redevelop the area as a residential apartment area but do you think they will knock the chimneys?
    I think it would be a shame and a great loss to knock these towers because they are sort of an icon for Dublin Bay and the strands.

AFAIK it's the old Poolbeg plant, the smaller one, with the lower chimneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

A few glass lifts that spiral all the way up them would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its the thermal plant thats closing, the main station will continue operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

loyatemu wrote:
    its the thermal plant thats closing, the main station will continue operating.

oh, nice one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement