Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burning a movie to a cd?

• 21-06-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have Windows XP and I'm trying to burn a video of mine onto a cd. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm pretty sure I found out how to do this a few months ago but I can't for the life of me remember what I did. Google hasn't been much help either. I think there's a special way of downloading videos to a cd?

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Assuming you want to burn an .avi to CD* and play it on a standard DVD player you'll need Nero other buring software.

XP's built in DVD burner will only burn the avi file as data: this is OK if you have a newer (DivX) player.

Great guides for all this are at afterdawn.com

*Meant to say DVD here!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

but you can't burn a movie/video to cd...it has to be a DVD disc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When I say a movie I mean like a movie from Windows Movie Maker. One of the video files.

Isn't there an easy enough way to do this without special software?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

well if its in movie maker save it as movie, click file and then click save movie. then with whatever software u have for dvd burning it should recognise it because its a wmv file i think instead of a msmms thing or whatever it is when you save it normally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

I think what u are looking for is software to burn a video file to VCD (Video CD). Loads on guides on how to do this. Afterdawn & doom9 sites are really good.
    A VCD will play on a standalone dvd player, old or new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

philstar wrote:

My bad typo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

philstar wrote:

Yes you can, it's called, a Video CD. :) I have a load of Video CDs. They were big in the Far East a while back. And yes, they were perfectly legal.
    degsie wrote:
    A VCD will play on a standalone dvd player, old or new.

I would say that is not always the case. Video CDs are Mpeg 1, DVDs are mpeg 2. Some DVD players can't play mpeg 1.
    Isn't there an easy enough way to do this without special software?

Google it. I remember doing it a long while back. There's an article on Microsoft's website about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

tom dunne wrote:
    I would say that is not always the case. Video CDs are Mpeg 1, DVDs are mpeg 2. Some DVD players can't play mpeg 1.
    QUOTE]

Ok so, then use SVCD which is Mpeg2 ;)

Advertisement