Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about vintage organs?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Recently acquired this kool looking organ.

"Wizard 320 gem" made in Italy.

It looks great but doesnt have many sounds. The built in drum machine is pretty kool, as is the way it ads rhythm to your accompanments.

I think I have to replace a diode/fuse in the power supply at the back, or maybe the whole power supply, cos theres bursts of noise etc.

Anyone know anything about this sort of thing?

wizard320gem.jpg

What you think? 70s? 80s? I cant find much info about it online.

Might sell it. Do you think it would be worth a ton or two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wow, looks awesome!! :) Analogue or digital? I'd love to mess with one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Yeah myself and my dad had to put it on the roof of his car and tie it down. It was pretty funny.

Between 150 and 200 sounds good to me. I know organs are worth that bit less than synths because synths are a lot more useable, but even as a retro antique, its a smashin lookin thing.

Ive spent a bit of work cleaning it up and sorting out a few kinks. The sound is still a bit noisy sometimes.

I was thinking of gutting it and putting in a midi keyboard and sound module, but suppose that would be pretty uncool if a serious organ collector ever found out i did that.

Meh, Ill stick it in adverts and see if theres any interest.

cornbb wrote:
    Wow, looks awesome!! :) Analogue or digital? I'd love to mess with one of those things.

Eh, I dont know. Its an electric organ. It sounds like a PSR with 5 sounds, basic drum machine, and added noise. Nothing special, but so pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I used to have one of these!! It was a serious job getting it back to the gaff in the boot of the car. Good fun but not the most genuinely usable of sounds as I remember, although that was over ten years ago. I reckon you could charge between €150-€200.

I hope you play it naked like I used to. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIZARD-320-Electronic-Organ_W0QQitemZ200117609930QQihZ010QQcategoryZ16219QQcmdZViewItem

Theres one for sale in the buy and sell - not yours by any chance?

http://www.jlpniewski.btinternet.co.uk/diag_list.htm
    User manual for cheap here!

Looks like a consumer jobbie rather than a classic, but should be fun to mess with - you could even get samplerobot, and make a sample CD!

• Advertisement

No thats not mine in b+s.

ive been thinking of dismantling it and getting into circuit bending. Or maybe turning it into a 2 tier desk. Or converting it into a synth by installing a midi keyboard and sound module.

No interest so far on adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

frobisher wrote:
    I used to have one of these!! It was a serious job getting it back to the gaff in the boot of the car. Good fun but not the most genuinely usable of sounds as I remember, although that was over ten years ago. I reckon you could charge between €150-€200.

I hope you play it naked like I used to. :p

Why so cheap. I thought the rule was OLD=Expensive when it comes to vintage style instruments!!!

If I had the room I'd love one of those...

Organs fetch less than old synths because of their limitations. Old synths like classic moogs etc are still very desireable bits of kit in the studio.

This organ for example, only has a few sounds, a masic drum machine etc. Some of the sounds are lovely though.

If anyones interested in listening, I sampled it:
    http://www.condraonline.com/files/wizard.zip
    Feel free to use that stuff in your own productions. I particulary love the snare drum.

If anyone wants to buy it, the ad is here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=26368

100 euro will do fine. That's how much I bought it for anyway. I'm sure it could sell for more, especially if the fuse in the power supply was replaced to fix the occassional sound problems, but I dont have the time, space or energy for all that.

Advertisement