Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL db question

Options
  • 21-06-2007 10:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

guys trying to restore a db in phpBB but SQL file is over 60mb . anytime i try to do it through the phpBB admin it hangs.

can anyone recommend any other ways of restoring the db ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Ok sounds like a problem with .... usually the 8 / 16 mb memory size ...with apache

What you could do is split the file up into ... 10 chunks or something like that and import them individually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I had to do this before. I just ended up manually cutting the SQL file up into several chunks, i think it was about 8 different SQL files in total.

Worked a treat, although took me several hours to get right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thanks guys thought thats what id have to do alright. muco appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

best way is to ftp it to the host, then telnet in and use mysql -u user -p dbname < sqlfile
    This will be quick, but you need telnet access.
    You could also look at DBmanager professional free - it won't time out like phpadmin, but it's quite slow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thanks squibs ill check that out now :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

sounds like a broadband issue, where phpbb is hanging because its waiting to upload the 60 mb file.

what speed is your internet access upload?

squibs wrote:
    best way is to ftp it to the host, then telnet in and use mysql -u user -p dbname < sqlfile
    This will be quick, but you need telnet access.
    You could also look at DBmanager professional free - it won't time out like phpadmin, but it's quite slow.

get SSH access where available ... passwords over cleartext is a no no :)

sounds like a broadband issue, where phpbb is hanging because its waiting to upload the 60 mb file.

PHP's usual max default upload is I think set at 2 mbs ? ...max memory size is something like 8mbs ...

He's trying to upload a 60mb file ... so I'd doubt its an upload speed problem .. unless the max execution time of 30 seconds is being exceeded ... which for a 60mb file it probably is

Advertisement