Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit advice/info required

• 21-06-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im looking to buy the below suit, Its €450 (ish) in House of fraiser.

http://www.tedbaker.com/shop.do?cID=867&pID=2397

Does anyone know whether its likely to be reduced in the BT sale.

Your comments on the stlye of the suit and alternatives are also appreciated.
    I'm 6'2 early 20's and slim, most other suits I tried on made me look uber skinny. I'm also looking for a suit that doesnt make me look like a school principal and has a young contemporary feel.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Who knows but you'll find out on Saturday. The best thing you can do is try on a number of different suits - styles and colours - and see what suits you best. Bring a friend who will be honest because (i) mirrors can lie and (ii) sale assistants can lie.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's a std enough suit, nice though.
    would say it is as likely to be reduced in house of fraser as in bt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Really like it,wouldn't put that shirt with it myself.

Hope you get lucky in the sales.
    If you really love it you will never regret buying it no matter what the price.
    You wont get a good discount until the stock is low,you are risking loosing a nice suit for 40-60 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Yea, I like it alot and dont want to miss it if I cant find a nicer one.

The shirt is a bit loud for me allright but I will be going for a silk tie that is simularly as bright as the one in the pic.

So is consensus that its a nice suit?

any alternatives to suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the shirt and tie are a bit casual, it would depend on the ocasion on whether or not you could wear them with the suit.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    the shirt and tie are a bit casual, it would depend on the ocasion on whether or not you could wear them with the suit.

shirt and tie dont come with the suit (wish they would)

I'm going to a summer wedding so since its a dark suit im thinking light shirt and tie......maybe even a pastel pink shirt (eekk hides from ridicule)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I would advise trying on any of the suits you are interested in. Don't go by how it looks in a picture or on a model.

Also - purely IMO - If you buy the suit in the pic, I wouldn't wear that shirt and tie with it. The shoes in the pic look a bit blocky for a narrow fitted suit like that too.

stovelid wrote:
    I would advise trying on any of the suits you are interested in. Don't go by how it looks in a picture or on a model.

Also - purely IMO - If you buy the suit in the pic, I wouldn't wear that shirt and tie with it. The shoes in the pic look a bit blocky for a narrow fitted suit like that too.

Thanks for the FB

Yep I've tried it on already. and agree with your shirt and tie comments.
    The GF thinks it suits me so I'm ok with that. I think the shoes are downright ghastly and will be looking for something a bit narrower, flatter, not pointy and a bit more shiny.
    The only thing I dont want is to buy the suit and find something nicer the next day/week

Oh, I'm going to the states on hol and I'll be in Chicago for a few days. Is it worth waiting untill I go there? The only thing is I go on hol next week and only get back a few days before the wedding so I dont want to leave it untill the hol, not get anything and have a rush to find a suit when I get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wisesmurf wrote:

Oh, I'm going to the states on hol and I'll be in Chicago for a few days. Is it worth waiting untill I go there? The only thing is I go on hol next week and only get back a few days before the wedding so I dont want to leave it untill the hol, not get anything and have a rush to find a suit when I get back.

Like someone else said, if you like it, just grab it unless you lose it over a few quid. I'd prefer to have it wrapped up and enjoy my holiday if it were me.

A light, non patterned shirt, flatter, less fat tie and slender, narrower shoes would be nice with the pictured suit IMO

Advertisement