Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick 1

Options
  • 21-06-2007 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

How many horses can I get if I remapped a CTR.Recommandations........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Remapped with what?

What mods are done to the car?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How many horses can I get if I remapped a CTR.Recommandations........

as above?
    what mods have you already done?
    what version CTR is it?

ek9 (96-2000)
    ep3 (2001-)

ep3 respond very well to mods, standard trim is 197nhp, with a good exhaust, induction and a remap will see you at approx 240bhp.

the ek9 on the other hand is 185bhp standard, realistically approx 170 on irish petrol, a good exhaust, induction and a remap will give you approx 180-190bhp.

really depends on what car you have at the end of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

as said, it will really depend on how well the cars running and mods that are already done.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 3 Bags Full

Sorry what I meant was,to get the fuel mapped to take our petrol.Its an ek9 00' model.I heard that our petrol can damage the engine,is this true?Will I get it up to 185bhp if I do this?Is it worth getting it done?Car is standard..
    Ty in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

95 wont damage your engine,i dont think ive ever heard of anyone with an EK9 complaining of mega knock or an engine going pop.

If you intend on going down the map route look at an apexi power fc,theres also hondata but you may have trouble getting it mapped here,should be no probs with the power fc.

Your better off doing some mods to the car first though,or maby even put it on the rollers first to see what power its putting out,it might not be far off the 185 as it is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

eireal wrote:
    95 wont damage your engine,i dont think ive ever heard of anyone with an EK9 complaining of mega knock or an engine going pop.

If you intend on going down the map route look at an apexi power fc,theres also hondata but you may have trouble getting it mapped here,should be no probs with the power fc.

Your better off doing some mods to the car first though,or maby even put it on the rollers first to see what power its putting out,it might not be far off the 185 as it is

agree bout the rollers, give martin tracey a call in westward engineering in enfield, he will do a power run whic will give you the cars power as it is but more importantly it will also tell if its running lean or knocking etc etc

(westward also supply and fit apexi power fc's)

kceire wrote:
    agree bout the rollers,

How much does he charge for this?Also what do you mean by knocking/lean.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 the muffin man

kceire wrote:
    give martin tracey a call in westward engineering in enfield
    I've been to Martin a few times & had nothing but joy at the end of it! Knows his stuff, doesn't rip you off & provides a great service. Comes highly recommended from anyone else I've ever spoken to as well.
    kceire wrote:
    westward also supply and fit apexi power fc's
    I'm 99% sure he doesn't supply them but if you ask nicely he might fit it for you: most of the work they do down there is mapping & machining work. If you're looking for PowerFC's check out www.apexperformance.co.uk or if you can afford to wait a while check out the Jap sites like www.nengun.com or www.rhdjapan.com or www.greenline.jp etc etc.
    kceire wrote:
    agree bout the rollers
    How much does he charge for this?Also what do you mean by knocking/lean.
    cheers.
    I know it's no more than €100 but can't remember off the top of my head. Think it's between 60 & 80 thereabouts for a 2WD car. 4WD are €100 from memory.

"Knocking" is also called "detonation", it's where the fuel/air in the cylinder detonate prematurely due to compression instead of a spark-plug igniting the mixture. It's caused by the ignition timing being off (or using a fuel with too low an octane rating e.g. 95RON like we have in Ireland versus 100RON/102RON that they have in Japan or 98 & 99RON like you can get in the UK)

Running lean is where the mix of fuel-to-air is off: in the case of "lean" you're not putting enough fuel into the engine so it'll blow your engine up very quickly. Running "rich" is the opposite where there's too much fuel going in, it'll stifle performance & usually coat the spark plugs etc over time & lead the car to run badly. The optimal is a correct balance of fuel-to-air & that'll give you performance & make sure your engine runs right. With ECU's like the PowerFC which are fully mappable (refers to "fuel map") you can adjust the fuel-to-air ratio for when you modify the car as different mods will make the car run differently & you need to make sure the fuelling is set up to compensate for this.

Hope that helps!

Cheers MM,Dont know a whole lot about this sort of thing,decided to become an electrician instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 the muffin man

Lol! No bother! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement