Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights when Bank Loses Application?

Options
  • 21-06-2007 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I applied to bank to switch my mortgage. Heard nothing after 3 weeks to tried ringing but could not get onto person I dealt with after several attempts. I eventually emailed but he just passed the buck onto another bank employee asking about my application but I never got a reply. It should have been straight forward to process.

Its probably 6 months since this started as I was busy & left it go but still meaning to follow up on. I supplied original documents (loan statement, P60 etc...) & would like them back...

What happened my application? Did they lose it? What are my rights?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You could try the Data Protection Commissioner - this link here http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2.htm&CatID=16&m=r

States that :

"As mentioned above, people or organisations keeping personal information must give individuals access to their personal information, and must correct or delete any information found to be inaccurate or irrelevant. But their responsibilities don't stop there.

They must:

* Obtain personal information fairly and openly
    * Use it only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was given in the first place
    * Secure it against unauthorised access or loss "

Your P60 certainly is an important document as you need it to provide evidence of tax payments and eligibility for Social Welfare payments.

However just to keep everyone happy send an email to the Banks customer care crew and after waiting a few days start the ball rolling with the Data Protection crew. I'm sure the banks lose hundreds of forms each year but it's a killer when it's yours. However you should have chased it up a bit sooner.

Advertisement