Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email on the move?

• 21-06-2007 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi I need a phone that can recieve email. Im lookin for some advice on whether to go vodafone, O2 etc, Blackberry etc..... I only need it for checking email and a laptop is not an option. Any advice on price, service, phone and so on would be a great help:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seosamh76

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

or get an e61 from voda. identical to blackberry functionality (thru tariff) and the benefit of an excellent operating system (Symbian S60 OS 9.0), great keyboard and bucketloads of 3rd party apps. If push is not your bag I would suggest profimail as your email app for E61. Great app and worth the 20 or so lids.
    3 also do a mobile broadband package at €6 for 100MB which for most people is loads for browsing mobile sites and getting your mail. Its a cheap option to compliment your desktop mail. You can time your symbian based Nokia such as the N73 to get mail every 15 mins so its very similar to push email anyway. You lose the qwerty keys though. so its good for reviewing and checking mail but not great for ressponding witha an opus. For firing off the quick response when out of the office its more than adequate. You could also pony up for a Bluetooth keyboard such as "Think Outsides BT Keyboard". I have been using one for the past two years with a wide range of BT phones and it almost negates the use of a laptop for email anyway.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

And Mail for Exchange works brilliantly on the E61 (recently updated too).

Advertisement