Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm problem

Options
  • 22-06-2007 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

So my car was parked since last night and today morning around 10:30 it starts ringing and just won't stop. I press the disarm button and it's fine, lock it again and it's ok for like 2-5 minutes and then starts again!
    It's really doing my head in!
    Any idea what it can be? I found one clean cut wire in the bonnet which is linked to the alarm box, although it's stripped but I think it was that way before this problem started as the cut looks old. Can't seem to find any lose wires or anything, also the battery seems perfect. car starts etc, alarm can be armed and disarmed but it's only like after 2-5 minutes that it starts blazing like hell!
    Any idea what the problem can be? It's a K9 Classic Alarm System.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

was it raining?
    my car could be sitting for a week in the dry weather and the alarm would never go off. but if it rains hard for a few hours, it'll start blaring.
    its cause water is getting in to the alarm box in the back of the engine. you might have the same problem or water getting at some other sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

No it wasn't raining when this started. I have still checked if its a problem because of water entering but that is not the case! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

K9's are prone to problems,did you have it installed or was it one the car when you bought it?whereabouts is the clean cut wire?Can you see any sign of a bonnet pin sticking up near the front end of the car under the bonnet?

Normally in damp weather rain tends to get at the bonnet switchs and cause the alarm to keep giving false alerts.

Also when you arm the alarm is it giving more chirps or beeps than it usually would?

It came with the car. The clean cut wire is in the bonnet, the right hand end of the bonnet near the headlights. By bonnet pin do u mean the spring kind of switch at the top end of the bonnet which is triggered when the bonnet is opened or closed? Thats fine doesn't stick out, just as it was before. It wasn't raining when this problem started. :( It's just driving me crazy. I have disabled the alarm since.
    As for chirps or beeps its the same as it was before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

try taping that wire up incase its grounding and causing the alert., it could also be the aerial if its near the alarm module.,

• Advertisement

I'll try all that.
    BTW does anyone know where I can get this checked and maybe replaced in or around South Dublin - Dun Laoghaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Proparts over the northside used to do these alarms but afaik they dont do them anymore,ive seen an ad for some place i think its called chen motors who may still fit them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

gw autos is the main man for the k9 he used to fit all the alarms for pro-parts (until richie ****ed him over ,nothing new there then) anyway he's a really nice guy called gary very helpfull based in finglas but does call outs he's out of work at the minute with back problems so you wont reach him for a week or two 0868228019

Alarm seems to be fine if armed when the car is cold. If the car has been taken for a round and if its hot the alarm rings after a while!???

arm the car then press the number 2 button this knocks out the sensors if it does'nt go off you know you have faulty sensors

• Advertisement

what do u mean by doesn't go off? Also which is the number 2? the one with a "II". When I arm it and press II it flashes the lights and locks or unlocks without any sound.
    Also there the LED light isn't flashing as it used to flash. now it flashes thrice then stops a bit then flashes thrice again...
    Got it checked yesterday and it was fine then started ringing again at night!

on a sunny day if you want to leave a window open a little you can arm your car then press the II button and the alarm wont go off , it knocks off the sensors ,if you do this and your alarm goes off again at least you know its not your sensors cause their knocked off ,the only man to get to look at a k9 is gary at gw autos 0868228014 ,as i said he's out of action for awhile but you could try ringin him for advise during the week

Advertisement