Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband down?

Options
  • 22-06-2007 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

My internet has died, conveniently after I downloaded an Apple update. My BT DSL modem is showing that I have no IP address, and I tried assigning myself a static one to no avail. The status page shows the DSL is up, and connected at 3Meg, just nothing. I have now reset it, and it synced without problems.
    I tried loading any page, and it brought up the usual Zero Conf page, only, instead of the "connected successfully, enter your pasword to login" I get an error saying that the modem could not connect to the exchange and that the green light should be flashing. The green light is on solid.. but I still have no IP and no internet. Whats going on? I tried using my 3 Phone, but that gave up after 20mins and wont connect anymore (from the laptop).

Anyone else experiencing this problem, stuck on crappy dial-up right now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 abcd

I saw the same thing, from about 2:00am to 4:45am. Its just back now.
    DSL sync was fine, but the modem couldn't establish a PPP connection (no response to PADI).

I'm with UTV in Cork on the Quaker road exchange, so I wonder was this a countrywide outage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

It was a damn pain, ended up using my 3 Phone as a modem, which worked fine from my PC.. but not so much from my laptop.

Anyway, 'tis back up again, so all better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

I am also in Waterford and got cut off last night as well. Thankfully I am back online this morning. Now all I have to do is clean up all the hair that I pulled out last night.

Advertisement