Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 22-25/06/07

• 22-06-2007 7:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

22nd June 2007
    Bray Wanderers - St. Patrick's Athletic 7:45 pm Carlisle Grounds
    Derry City - Drogheda United 7:45 pm Brandywell
    Galway United - Shamrock Rovers 7:45 pm Terryland Park
    UCD - Sligo Rovers 7:45 pm Belfield Park
    25th June
    Bohemians :cool: - Waterford United 8:00pm Dalymount Park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I dont think you need to even qualify it with the word Irish anymore , foreign football is on its summer break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City are away to FC Valur of Iceland in the Inter Scrotum tomorrow. Really at a loss as to why we even accepted the place in this non entity of a competition. I would be quite happy if Rico puts out a team of fringe players just to give them first team experience, and get 3 points away to Longford on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Big game for Dundalk tomorrow down in Cobh against our only realistic title challengers. A win would be a huge step towards returning to the promised land. Would take a draw though. Dundalks chances aren't helped by tomorrows referee being from CORK, nice one FAI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

first live tv game 4 de blues since 04 vs longford and we are gonna show off our great football :rolleyes: nd win 2-1 comon DE BLUES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I think tonight could finally be the night we win in Belfield!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

22nd June 2007
    Bray Wanderers - St. Patrick's Athletic - Away
    Derry City - Drogheda United - Away
    Galway United - Shamrock Rovers - Away
    UCD - Sligo Rovers - Draw
    25th June
    Bohemians - Waterford United - Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

22nd June 2007
    Bray Wanderers - St. Patrick's Athletic - Home :D
    Derry City - Drogheda United - Away
    Galway United - Shamrock Rovers - Home and if its not i want to know WTF is going on in Galway!!!!
    UCD - Sligo Rovers - Home
    25th June
    Bohemians - Waterford United - Home

We have been bad of late, tonights game is a must win for us. Hopefullly get a result over there.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    22nd June 2007
    Bray Wanderers - St. Patrick's Athletic - Home :D
    Was waiting for that! An Eircom League thread wouldn't be complete without a KdajcL pessimistic prediction.:)

Kirby sent off for raising an arm......****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kdjac

0-0

Pats

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Monaghan destroyed Shels 4-0 :(

seansouth wrote:

LOL

That is priceless, they scored 7 before tonight :)
    Lad i know going on loan to your for rest of season, he woudlnt concede 4 :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

blues won munster senior cup 2-0 deres a bit of sliverware woo comon de blues

seansouth wrote:
    Did Monaghans 2nd choice goalie play in the end or did they get somebody in on loan?
    Oh and by the way, hows that Eircom League site of yours coming along? Will it be up and running before the end of the season or are you's gonna wait til the start of the next one?

KdjaCL wrote:
    LOL

That is priceless, they scored 7 before tonight :)
    Lad i know going on loan to your for rest of season, he woudlnt concede 4 :D

kdjac
    Is he a 'keeper?
    Pighead wrote:
    Did Monaghans 2nd choice goalie play in the end or did they get somebody in on loan?
    Don't know, we had only goal updates from Monaghan. I'd presume their second choice did, because that Magicme woman from fool.ie was on Shelsweb whinging about their 'keeper situation today, and didn't mention a loanee.
    Pighead wrote:
    Oh and by the way, hows that Eircom League site of yours coming along? Will it be up and running before the end of the season or are you's gonna wait til the start of the next one?
    Er...yeah...start of next season I'd say at this stage.

The guy who's designing had some personal problems so he stuck it on the back burner.

Brendan Clarke our sub keeper going on loan to Shels, the abuse he is getting now is unreal :D

Hes a proper pats fan.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Darn, injury time goal cost us 3 pts, fair result i guess, when are we going to get a home win.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pitch looked excellent condition. pity the ball was in the air most of the time.

That Glynn fella looks very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Great result for the Drogs. All we need is to a few of the guys to return from injury and we can really make a go of it.

PDN wrote:
    Great result for the Drogs. All we need is to a few of the guys to return from injury and we can really make a go of it.

Or win on tuesday and go top.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Less said about last night the better. :mad:

How on earth we were pissed on by such a poor team after battling so hard the previous week against the Corkies. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Went to the Cobh Vs Dundalk game on Saturday. Arrived at half time and left with 10 minutes to go. It was about the worst game I have seen in a long time.

Dundalk, on Saturdays 35 mins I saw, are a god awful longball side - a style which is obviously effective in Div 1. Ramblers tried to play abit, but most of their passes went astray. Only good point was the crowd. Best Ive seen in a while - Dundalk had a great crowd with them (numbers wise that is).

EDIT: Roy Keane was actually at the match also. Im surprised there werent people queueing and ringing Ramblers for weeks looking for overpriced tickets to see him stand there.

gimmick wrote:
    Dundalk, on Saturdays 35 mins I saw, are a god awful longball side - a style which is obviously effective in Div 1.
    Ridiculous post reported. Dundalk are far from a god awful long ball side. They actually are one of the most attractive teams in the league to watch. Cobhs pitch makes it impossible to play neat football on the ground.

Its the same when we play in Century Homes Park, worst pitch ever, you have to adapt to your playing environment. Come see the mighty lilywhites in Oriel Park on our fancy new surface and try watching for more than 35 mins this time. Then my friend the truth will be revealed.

Any of them lads fancy playing for Boardeaux for the Winter Break? We play in an actual Astro league.

seansouth wrote:
    Any of them lads fancy playing for Boardeaux for the Winter Break? We play in an actual Astro league.
    If by chance I ever make it to the top job in Merrion Square i'm gonna make it compulsory for all clubs to get in the Astro. I'll also wind up Drogheda Fc, just because I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Missed several easy chances last night against Cork. And then to make it worse we gifted them two goals.

Advertisement