Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom strike threat

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The ESOT members are famours for having it both ways. Up the Workers and the shareholders!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭aidanodr

mike65 wrote:
    The ESOT members are famours for having it both ways. Up the Workers and the shareholders!

Mike

You mean - "Up the Owners/Shareholders"

"Come on lads - all out and lets send OUR companies shares on a downward spiral, decrease profit as a result of this action - Upps, dont I own shares"

I see a cartoon in this somewhere!

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Money isnt everything you know.

I think B&B value money and profit before its customers .

Of course the esop is on the employees side ..like..do turkeys vote for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Money isnt everything you know.

I think B&B value money and profit before its customers .

Of course the esop is on the employees side ..like..do turkeys vote for Christmas?

Huh,

Sorry if I missed your point but ESOP or ESOT ARE the employee's. That is it is a group representing the employees who have shares, not a union I dont think. But yes to me its like Turkeys voting for Christmas,

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

I think there are as many, if not more, ex-employees who are members of esot. Anybody who started working in eircom in the last 7 years or so is not a member of the esop

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There are 14000 eircom esot members including 1000s and 1000s of voluntarily redundant biddys since 1997 or so .

Only about 6000 eircom employees are also members of the ESOT .

As far as i know esots represent the employess interest as shareholder (35 % in eircom) but here's the conflict and its been exploited by eircom' s ozzie owners : Employees vs Employees esot financial or conditions interests?

Guess what? The shareholders and the management had a damned good metting and decided to agree on a compromise. Phew. ;)

Mike.

wouldnt say that yet, rest of t2016 must come

Todays Indo shows why B&B wanted to crush the unions in eircom....castrate the comrades and hey sheilas BBC double the worth of the company...oh and make eircom a cloud ....split it in two ....

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/owners-of-eircom-to-net-euro18bn-in-breakup-1040455.html

Its about time the governemnt stepped in and saved 1000's of jobs..yes 1000's . not to mention costs for eircoms customers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If eircom is left as is (unsplit) it will eventually collapse under the weight of its own debt in the rapidly collapsing international corporate debt market and can be 'bought back' cheaply .

Babcock simply want to bail out of retail , rapidly, while its still worth something . It will be worthless in a few years.

The jobs are safe as such but the government owes the ESOT parasites nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Eircom’s stalling strategy and dog in a manger attitude to the local loop will hopefully backfire. The days that you need to have copper wire to your house to receive a reasonable broadband and phone service country wide are numbered. Eircom’s response is to make the announcements on the DSL roll out to the 100 and 300 exchanges, in the hope of stopping the slow drip of customers away. Me thinks they may have left it to late.

B&B are only looking to do what the government should have done when eircom was floated - sell the services, keep the network.

Mike.

In a short time there wont be a copper network in many places, B&B intend replacing the copper "last mile" with FTTC (f ibre to the curb (kerb) ) for their Next Genration Network (NGN) and eliminate competition that way, no more local loop to be unbundled.

Ahh capitalist competition..great fo r the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It may be they replace the exchanges with cabinet fed by IP fibre and leave the copper loop. Costs a lot less. Sell off exchange sites and no-where to do LLU or connect DSLAMs to backwards. All without expensive replacement of the the "last mile" copper. Most of the existing copper won't be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

probe wrote:
    Die Post in Germany

Their an angry bunch those Germans :D

More squables in eircom , its chief technology director has gone and resigned...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Where did you hear that?

is true I think but cant confrm source...

From what I hear .looks like eircom is trying to become another Irish ferries .

Advertisement