Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla VVTI Model

Options
  • 22-06-2007 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone :o

I have a Toyota Corolla VVTI model, the radio was working when i first bought it, it stopped working after a few months. I have heard that this model gives trouble with the radio (its a build in radio). Does anyone know anything about this. Recently i can only get AM radio 1 on it.

Thanks, if anyone can help it would be great, theres only a certain amount of listening to cd's a person can take :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If your car is a liftback (97-02) model, the problem could be in the aeriel itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MollyPolly

My car is a '00 3 door hatch back, i got the radio taken out and checked all aerials and connections but didn't find the problem. i heard this model (vvti) gives trouble with the radio and i was just wondering if anyone know anything bout it. Thanks for ur reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know on models with aeriels on the roof (as opposed to on the drivers side pillar beside the windscreen) the aeriels can leak water all the way through the aeriel cable and into the headunit, causing damage to the tuner, sometimes it just messes up the aeriel and cable, and sometimes it knackers the headunit. Use this opportunity to upgrade your radio to a standard headunit. a repair will cost hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My old man had the same problem with his radio in his old 00 Corolla saloon. Don't know what caused it or how it could be fixed as he never bothered getting it looked at, he seldom switched the radio on anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MollyPolly

Thanks for yer replys guys :) il have the display unit checked out and see if can sort it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement