Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a new rant stickey

Options
  • 22-06-2007 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I wanna vent :)

The number one cause of accidents is people turning right out of t-junctions and most accidents happend within two miles of your house so I was delighted to almost add to the stats yesterday.

I was driving through town with the needle bang on 30mph - a smidgen above the speed limit of 50kph. I passed the Garda station, took my foot off the accelerator, put on my indicator to park on the right hand side of the street, and I'm watching this guy in a Focus coming from the junction of Church Road.

He has his right indicator on and his lane position is terrible. He should be just left of centre so he can drive in a straight line out to the centre of the road before making his right turn. That way he doesn't block traffic turning left onto Church Road and he has a better view of the traffic coming from his right, i.e. - me. But that doesn't matter anyway because he's not looking. His head is squarely turned to the left, watching the oncoming Megane who he decides he can get out in front of, so he proceeds to cut the corner driving diretly into my path.

If he had made the turn properly he probaly would have gotten away with it. I was driving slowy enough that he would have been clear before I reached the junction. As it was I had my foot poised over the brake and was able to stop quickly enough that if he had continued he would have just missed me. I beeped as I stopped so Einstein jammed on his brakes and finally turned to look to his right.

To put the icing on the cake the ****er started wagging his finger at me as if I was in the wrong!

I can imagine what most people's reaction would have been if we had collided. They would have taken one look at me and my car and said : "****ing boy racers speeding through the town......". I'd have had great fun trying to convince the Gardai that the ****wit in the Focus was to blame. And I would have called the Gardai. I probably should have taken his plate and got him charged with careless driving anyway. Too many ****ers out there got their license off the back of a Corn Flakes packet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Just a point of information, 30MPH is a smidgen below the speed limit of 50KPH, not above it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

My little rant for the day:

I saw an articulated truck pull out to overtake another truck on the m50 northbound yesterday afternoon. Regardless of whether or not they are allowed in the overtaking lane now, he pulled out without due care and forced the guy who was overtaking both of them at the time to slam on his breaks and I'd say safe to assume, soil his trousers! Total ****head. :mad:

Advertisement