Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jaguar X-Type

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks ok. I've not driven one but reports are good. Auto preferred to manual.

HPI check always before even going to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I had a 2.1V6 for two days.............hated it !

The "2.0" V6 was sluggish but very smooth but the car's interior trim felt very flimsy, and looked it too, all that wood & leather but no smell from it !!

The rear is squashy too and the wood look dash looks so obviously a stick on job !!

Anyway I was buying new and by the time I had included the options I had on my C200K the car was costing a fortune ! I ended up changing to a more expensive CLK for less money !

Having said all that, used ones are total bargains ! I drove by the dealership in Belfast and did a double take. I actually went back to see what could be had for the money.................value was incredible !

What are the VRT figures looking like for the 2.5 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,347 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah, for £5k it's a lot of car for the money. Although VRT is €4.6, so landed it works out at about €12k. You might be able to get a better deal over here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

MercMad wrote:

Yeah.... I saw that after I had posted. It does look like good value alright. I think I would like to hold out for a few more extras though. Particularly Leather Seats. (A must IMO with kids)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

Anybody own or driven the diesel version?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,347 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You should be able to get this '03 one for about €14k. Good value, but the mileage will make it difficult to sell on again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

zoemax wrote:
    Anybody own or driven the diesel version?

My Da has the 2.0D version. I haven't driven it but he loves it. He bought it in Belfast btw.

Advertisement