Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid 3 unlocking fee!

• 22-06-2007 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I always thought that they are obliged to give you the unlocking code if you want it, didn't that happen when they changed the networks so you can keep your number but switch networks?

When i switched from o2 to meteor (ages ago) your one on phone just posted me the code (cos they didn't keep codes for older phones there with them) only took like 2 days to be sorted...

I'd complain TBH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭oneweb

With o2 and Voda, I've used the "going on holiday and I need to use it there" line and always had it done no problem, might have been worth a try?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if this fee is not published in the t and cs then complain to comreg. Hidden charges like this are not permitted.

info@comreg.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure about 3pay but for billpay there was a 25e unlock fee listed in their Terms & Conditions, they waived it for me because at first they refused to unlock my nokia phone but I soon sorted that out :)

Best to re-read the T&C's before you waste your time with Comreg,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

just be glad they will give you the unlock code at all - the flat out refused me, money or no money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

oneweb wrote:
    With o2 and Voda, I've used the "going on holiday and I need to use it there" line and always had it done no problem
    ah but they're good networks. 3 won't give a code to a contract customer unless the contract is cancelled and then charge €25 for the priviledge
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    if this fee is not published in the t and cs then complain to comreg. Hidden charges like this are not permitted.

info@comreg.ie
    it is in the terms and conditions unfortunately.

OP, cabaal is the only person i know who managed to avoid the 25 unlocking charge but it is possible as he showed. of course when he did it the customer care was in scotland and could do more than read answers off a sheet. good luck but you might have to borrow someone's credit card

Advertisement