Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to backup xp HOME folder on d: drive?

• 22-06-2007 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

My friend is sending back his pc for repair.SO he asked me to take the drive ,and back up the main data folders,in case he loses data.I have his drive setup as d: drive.SO when i try and copy home folder ,i get acess denied.Is there any easy way to copy it.DO i need to install ntbackup.IF so what is the dos command to copy home folder to say,folder1 on c:\ drive, using ntbackup. IS there any simple prog i can download from the net to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

gamer wrote:
    My friend is sending back his pc for repair.SO he asked me to take the drive ,and back up the main data folders,in case he loses data.I have his drive setup as d: drive.SO when i try and copy home folder ,i get acess denied.Is there any easy way to copy it.DO i need to install ntbackup.IF so what is the dos command to copy home folder to say,folder1 on c:\ drive, using ntbackup. IS there any simple prog i can download from the net to do this.

You could make an image of the drive using acronis true image or something like that and then when he gets the pc back just put the image back on the drive and his PC would be exactly as before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

I downloaded BACK2zip prog,it copied all documents,and settings folder ,and home folder, in about ten minutes ,very easy to use.No need to read a manual .Just add a folder select destination folder,,click backup.

Advertisement