Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Something special...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Good Lord! :eek:

41.5 k ????

that's more than it ever cost new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I love Z1s - an have seen the odd one about Belfast.

But that Z1 is overpriced by about €10k. Shouldn't really cost any more than £20k STG (or €31k). As usual more evidence that many Irish car owners are deluded about their car's value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Wow! pricey... That could be the one used by Bob Montgomery, the motor hack who does the "Great Drives" series in The Irish Times motoring section. He has used an Elise in previous reports, but did use a Z1, same colour, a few weeks back. Im not saying that the fact the motor appeared in an article about driving thru Killarney national park or wherever it was warrants its exorbitant pricing tho :D

Saw a couple in the flesh in Germany about 10 years ago, very interesting little car, the doors are just mad Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

There are more than two in Ireland, I know of a red one, then the one Frank Keane had/has and also there is an original Irish reg'd yellow one in Co. Meath which I have seen in person!

Lovely cars but why pay so much, especially with that untamed E30 rear axle !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The doors actually are what killed it commercially.

The Z1 was a very expensive car at the time when it came out. Same league as the 911 or similar cars.

So only the wealthier gent could afford one. Unfortunately, the wealthier gent also tends to be just that bit older, bulkier and less nimble.

If you're not absolutely fit and agile, it is physically impossible to get in and out of those doors any way quickly or gracefully ...which seriously detracts from the posing value of this vehicle.

Imagine parking up in front of the street cafe in this ...doors down, cool shades, smug face. Everybody stares ...and then falls about laughing as you grunt and groan trying to get out, arse hanging halfway out the door, one foot still caught inside, dangerously teetering on the edge, about to just fall out any second.

One motoring programme in germany did a feature on this where they had 20 differnt people, men and women trying to get in and out of the Z1 ...t'was one of the funniest motoring programmes I've ever seen :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement