Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB a complete joke :(

Options
  • 22-06-2007 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

It's just too slow. :( I have the 2mb package.

It's been like this since the start of May. Mostly it floats around 200kbps. I tend to get 500kbps after midnight and right now I'm getting speeds much slower than dial-up. Then every week or so there's a short period where I get 1500+kbps and I can actually do stuff.

I tried downloading a song half an hour ago and was getting less than 1kb/s. I'm trying to download a film now but it's stuck below 2kb/s.

Is it an eircom thing or is there something wrong on my end? :(

My upload speeds are like 200kbps like they should be though. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php

and click "Click to Start mySpeed"

I've a feeling you're just downloading stuff from bittorrent or kazaa, which isn't a good indicator. I could be wrong though.

Tell us your results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jrembin

I have been using that site to test the speed but lately it just says "NOT LICENSED for irishisptest.com" so I've been using speedtest.net but this morning speedtest only gets to the ping part and then stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Try IrishISPtest to check your download speeds.

I have the BT 3Mb package and it tells me my actual speeds are 2.5 Mb download and 318 kb upload.
    I guess how close you get to the theoretical limit of your service depends on line quality, how many other users on the line (contention ratio) and other mojo the more experienced users on here could explain.

Also 2 Mb/s (bits) = (approx.) 250 KB/s (bytes)
    You may be seeing download speeds in KB/s on you computer.

A movie that is only downloading at only 2K or 3 K usually indicates the other end (server) is busy with multiple requests (eg a P2P connection).

Advertisement